Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
T

Community Accepted Solution

x17 R2, 240 watt vs 330 watt AC adapter

Hello, I recently purchased an Alienware x17 R2. This machine came with a 240 watt AC adapter. When performing video upscaling work, this machine runs fine but the battery loses charge. After 6 hours or so, the battery is no longer fully charged but at 80 – 90 percent. When the machine is not doing

Question

AW988 Headset - Feature to MUTE annoying Voice Prompt

Hello, can you add the feature to the AW988 in AWCC ? We are in 2023 and I don't understand why this feature is not already existing on the high level headset. Each 5min when my battery is low the voice prompt say "Battery Low", "Battery low", "Battery low", "Battery low", "Battery low", "Battery

Question

Alienware M17x R4

Hello, just got one of these from ebay, and was hoping to install windows XP on it. Actually hoping to install Windows 10/7/Vista/XP on this. Was able to achieve this but was having issues with Windows 7 that caused me to try and reinstall it, but messed up in the process. I don't remember if there

Question

Help with Upgrading and identifying correct model for parts

I've had my Alienware what seems like forever. Ordered 9/5/2014 and I have always cherished and loved it.  I know it is a 17 but that's when the confusion hits.   On the bottom of the laptop, it says m17x with my service tag.  When I go to my support page, it says 17 and that's

Question

Alienware 15 R3 - Battery swollen multiple times

I just noticed my battery is swollen again. I wondered if I am really unlucky or if this is normal. It is now the 3rd time in less than 6 years. Description Date Days Years Bought 25/01/2018 - - Swollen 1 10/09/2019 593 1.62

Question

m15 R5, RTX 3060, display and outgoing display signal suddenly stopped working

Hi everyone, I have been using this laptop for over a year now and never had this problem occur before. Earlier this week, when connected to an external monitor via the USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port on the back with DisplayPort, the image suddenly froze for a few seconds and went to black, stating no s

Question

m16 R1, AWCC cannot detect my device

I was trying to change the light color of my Alienhead, but somehow the AWCC cannot detect my device. The only part I can change is the keyboard, but once I changed the rgb of my keyboard, the light of Alienhead and start-up button were turned off. I tried many methods online but unfortunately

Question

How to fix Unable to install Dell Update Package issue

Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 installed on ‎18/‎10/‎2022 stops SupportAssist installation of Dell Update Package. Drivers & Downloads unable to install Dell Update Package. In this example, it is Dell Alienware Command Center Application - Full Installer. Change 'Choose where to get

Question

Area-51m R1, battery issues all of a sudden?

Hello, I have an Alienware Area-51m R1. Laptop has worked flawlessly for the past 4 years. A couple months ago, I randomly started having power issues and was seeing major performance drop in game. Recently, I've noticed the battery draining while playing games. This never happened before. Or if i

Question

Laptop stopped working suddenly

My laptop was working fine yesterday, but after an update, I booted it up today and literally nothing shows up, the keyboard lights still turn on and it even lets out some air at the start, but then its just the keyboard lights and a black screen, I tried connecting it to an external monitor but it

Question

m15 R7, can't get audio through speakers anymore?

InstallShield Wizard or Windows (11) updates is/are doing something that is messing up my audio on the Alienware m15 R7 and the audio on my speakers is working fine until that thing opens up. So, I got an open box Alienware m15 R7 AMD from someone online and everything has been working fine after t

Question

m17 R4, AWCC not detecting AlienFX hardware

After a recent Alienware Command Center update, the AWCC is no longer detecting my AlienFX hardware. The warranty expired April 2022. The keyboard lights are still working and still the same settings I previously used, even though I've repeatedly tried repairing, resetting, uninstalling and reinsta

Question

Closed

m16 R1, desktop icons intermittently frozen/unselectable

Per title, occassionally and apparently randomly the desktop icons 'freeze' and aren't selectable. This is not a system freeze though as the taskbar and open windows function correctly and the desktop icons can be accessed via windows explorer, once this is done the desktop unfreezes. It doesn't hap

Question

m15 R4, bcm2045a0 vive pro 2 driver issue

<Moved out of Alienware General - Read Only board and into Alienware Laptops board. DELL-Admin> Is there a way to fix this please? I cannot seem to find a compatible broadcom driver even used iobit and outbyte driver updaters. bcm2045a0 driver error I already spent time to cloning and repart

Question

14 R1, ejecting CD, won't boot

<Moved out of Alienware General - Read Only board and into Alienware Laptops board. DELL-Admin> My hard drive died with a CD in the CDROM. I can't eject it to reinstall the OS disk.  There doesn't seem to be a manual release.  How exactly, please give exact steps, does one get the C

Question

m15 R7, nonstop issues, terrible customer service

I purchased an Alienware m15 R7 back in April after debating what high powered laptop I should go with. I have had 4 Alienware's in the past, 3 of them went on to have major issues but the last one I had was great. So I ordered a new m15 R7 with a 3070 Ti, i9, 240Hz 1440p monitor. Basically my dream

Question

m15 R5, Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD compatibility?

Hi can someone tell me if my laptop Alienware M15 R5 is compatible with Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive Thanks 

Question

Closed

X15 R2, AWCC update stuck at 70% then fails

On my Alienware X15 R2 I can't install the AWCC (Alienware Command Center) update required. The problem raised anter an automatical update from version 5.5.49.0, A00 to 5.5.51.0, A00. The update starts automatically, a notifier in my Windows notification panel reports the percentage of update advanc

Question

m18 R1, My Alienware not fully working after update

Update: I uninstalled the Alienware Support Assist and now I can't find the proper software package to reinstall it. Something is off. Hi everyone, I downloaded the Alienware update and since then, My Alienware Support Assist won't run the Clean Files, Tune Performance, or Optimize Network comman

Question

m15 R5, clarifying question on secondary SSD?

I know my m15 R5 has a single 512GB SSD drive (BC711 NVMe SK Hynix 512 GB) which I believe translates to the M.2 2230 drive in the docs. The docs indicate that a second drive can be a M.2 2280 model up to 2 TB.  What that tells me is that I could add a second drive as long as it was an M.2 228

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!