Search Results (1.7K)

Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent

Community Accepted Solution

m15 R5, DDR5 ram?

Can Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 accept DDR5 ram?

Question

18 R1, card upgrade from dual 860M to single 1070

Hello everybody, Looking for detailed steps, so can upgrade my Alienware 18 R1 video card. Found an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, MXM 3.1, 8GB DDR5 (see attachment). I tried to install it "plug and play" and all I had was an 8-beep code & blank screen, so I had to place again the original video car

Question

17 R4, firmwaretpm.exe stopped working

Shipped April 2018. Warranty expired in February 2021. Windows 10 20h2, all updates current. I've had this error 10 times. it started on 11/19. In the few days prior to this there were no unusual updates, just the regular defender updates. There is no "firmwaretpm.exe" file to be found on my machine

Question

m17 R5, screen freezing

I seem to be having an issue with my laptop and it's costing me heavy while playing my video games. The problem seems to be that my entire screen just freezes and I have no way of doing anything about it in order to restore it back to working conditions. All I see is what's on the screen and I can h

Question

17 R5, unable to update BIOS ("Error: Unable to load driver.")

Greetings programs. I know this topic has been posted before, but this is a new, unique situation. Ever since I bought my Alienware 17 R5 four years ago (October 2018), I've been able to successfully update the BIOS using files from the Dell website (and the BIOS' "Secure Boot" was enabled). I have

Question

x17 R1, audio stops working when switching applications randomly

Hi all I've been having an incredibly frustrating audio issue on my system, and have been unable to get it fixed. Basically what is going on is the audio on the system stops working randomly when I switch between applications or load up videos. For instance I will do a fresh reboot of the system a

Question

m15 R5, which SSD?

l currently want to upgrade my Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 storage. I am given a choice of either a Dell M.2 PCIe NVME Gen 3x4 Class 35 2230 SSD OR Dell M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen 3x4 Class 40 2280 SSD. I don't know if there's another difference other than the length? Both are compatible per the desc

Question

Official Solution

m15 R4, how to set the iGPU as default?

Hi, I would like to set the iGPU as the default GPU. As you can see from the image (my apologies for the Italian languages), there are many Windows processes that use the dGPU (System, Desktop Windows Manager, Runtime client-server process and the Windows Host Shell experience). I have updated the

Question

m15 R3, no longer turns off by itself

Over the past couple of weeks, my m15 R3 no longer turns itself off after a specified period of time. Instead, the Alienhead blinks until I press it and then it resumes the desktop. Absolutely nothing has changed with respect to power settings. This is entirely new behavior and I'm wondering whether

Question

m17 R4, will it recognize 64GB of ram?

Processor type10th Generation Intel Core i7-10870HIn the manual it says:memory configurations supported● 16 GB, 2 x 8 GB, DDR4, 2933 MHz● 32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR4, 2933 MHz

Question

m17 R4, NGFF 2280 1TB?

Is it possible to put a NGFF 2280 1TB into M.2 NVME PCIe slot?

Question

x17 R2, Killer WiFi 6E AX1675s 160MHz performance

Hi all, Question, why is the performance for WiFi absolutely appalling on my Alienware x17 R2? When I first got the machine, I used to manage to download at around 6 Mbps real speed reported by the web browser etc. for some time after receiving the machine. I did tinker with my Router, an Asus DSL-

Question

m15 R6, transferring my SSD to a different slot

Hi there, I'm planning to add another SSD to my m15 R6 (Samsung 980 Pro PCie 4.0 NVMe). I read some posts about compatibility here in the forums but just want to be sure; Slot 1 can support Gen 4 SSD while Slot 2 can only support Gen 3 (correct me if I'm wrong) Currently, my Slot 1 has a Samsun

Question

x15 R2, RTX 3070 Ti, what's the official TDP?

I've just run a 3DMark time spy with the override option on AWCC. On 150mhz core clock override and 300mhz vram override. I got a max power draw at 122w on gpuz, and the gpu is pretty cool at around 60 degree. But Ive heard x15r2 3070ti has a max tdp at 140w. Is that true? If it's true, how can I g

Question

17 R4, transfer data to new m17 R4 of R5, doable?

Good day my present 17 R4 laptop is dying, I plan to get a new one. Can I transfer old 17 R4 data and programs to new m17 R4 or R5 laptop? Or do I need to install all my programs one by one again?  Thanks ! Maka

Question

17 R4, screen problem

I'm having a similar screen problem, after Windows update, screen doesn't "work" any more? Is it a driver thing? If I do a screen capture of the Laptop screen with all the lines, and drag the "snipped" image to the other monitor, it shows the actual desktop screen that should be there? Sometimes aft

Question

13 R2, replacement keyboard not working

I got this computer from relative who spill grape juice on it. I tried to clean it but the key were sticky so I replaced it. Now the built in keyboard does not work. USB keyboard work but not built in one. I’ve tried reinstalling the driver but it did nothing. Any ideas?

Question

m15 R6, weird noise under keyboard area

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kemrungsung/51389760843/in/photostream/ like this  what this pleas 

Question

x17 R2, WD Blue SATA SSD M.2 2280 not recognized

Someone knows why my Alienware x17 R2 doesn’t recognize my WD BLUE 3D NAND SATA SSD M.2 2280? I wanted to upgrade the storage of this x17 R2 since it came with a Samsung 1TB SSD M.2. But when I switched the Samsung SSD to WD Blue SATA SSD M.2 2280, my x17 R2 doesn’t recognize it? What is the be

Question

m15 R3, AWCC, Restart Required

This evening, my m15 R3 told me that I needed to do yet another AWCC update. Once I did that, I got a red "Restart Required" box in the menu bar. I pressed the box, restarted the m15 R3 (more than once) and the obnoxious red box refuses to go away. AWCC seems to be working just fine. Does anyone kno

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!