Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
M

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

Dell E6440 laptop parts upgrade

I just want to know what exact parts I can upgrade for my laptop, so far its 16Gb DDR3 ram (1600 MHz) intel core i5-4310M CPU 2.70 GHz Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 256 Gb SSD I just want to upgrade any parts I'm able to, so it runs better. I only use my laptop for Unity game design at the moment

Question

Closed

Latitude E5520 motherboard max cpu power consumption

forgetting heat problems how high can cpu power can go

Question

Closed

Dell latitude E5520 CPU replacement compatibility

i wonder if i can upgrade my CPU to Intel Core i7-3940XM or not

Question

Closed

Latitude 5530 - Flickering External Monitor when using Thunderbolt Docks

We currently have multiple Latitude 5530 laptops, all of which suffer from the same issue. When using an external monitor connected via a Thunderbolt v4 docking station, the external monitor will periodically flicker on and off. It happens anywhere from 2-10 times a day for users, seemingly randomly

Question

Closed

replacing a cracked palm rest on a latitude 5940

so, if i want to replace a palm rest of a Latitude 5590 computer, can i just go on ebay and find one from the same model, or do I have to be more specific. it seems like there are different models of latitude 5940 (fingerprint reader, etc).  will my motherboard "recognize"  any of them?&n

Question

Closed

Dell Latitude E6520 upgrades

Hello, I just received a Dell Latitude E6520 without battery and hard disk drive which also needs replacing the bios battery. As I'm not into computers at all I would like to have your confirmation for the following so I won't buy something that's not suitable for it. Been told by the donor that

Question

Closed

Dell e6410 display lcd replace

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 with I-5 and 1st generation laptop, and I am looking for compatible LCD/LED screens from other Dell models. Can you help me identify which models are compatible?

Question

Closed

Latitude 3450 bios update wont happen

I have a Dell Latitude 3450 and it has no battery. My BIOS Version/Date is : Dell Inc. A06, 7/6/2015. I went to check updates and found dell bios update and it was critical. When I tried to install it, nothing happened. I think its because of the no battery but I tried to force it using CMD. Still n

Question

Closed

Diagnostics error - Error 79 on hard drive but my hard drive works fine?

I have status 79 on my hard drive, but I can boot to my system, and do pretty much anything. I have BIOS revision A05, planning to update soon though.

Question

Closed

BIOS warning using usb-c power delivery with adapter that came with laptop

I have a Latitude 7430 with USB-C thunderbolt ports. I'm receiving a BIOS warning regarding slow charging using passthrough power delivery. Is it possible to suppress this message? More details: I'm using a USB-C hub to reduce the cord clutter when using my laptop in my home/office setup. I have t

Question

Closed

Latitude E6420 - Best CPU?

Looking for the best CPU I can put in my laptop for optimal performance. The most I'd be doing is playing low requirement games like Minecraft and Roblox. I already upgraded my ram to 16GB.

Question

Closed

latitude 5480 PCIe M2 2230, and M2 SSD

I find my laptop has two M.2 slots. One is alongside the SATA connector, made for standard 22x80 M.2 NVMe SSDs. The other is an NVMe M.2 Slot for a 22x30 board.  I guess it can be called a PCIe m.2 slot.   I am using the standard slot with an M.2 SSD. I am exploring the idea of addi

Question

Closed

Hard drive

so I spilled coffee all over my laptop it’s the latitude 5410 and I removed the battery and memory and dried everything as much as possible but now when I turn it on it’s says that no hard drive is installed and I’m not sure what to do it’s also blinking 8 white lights and 2 amber the caps button tu

Question

Closed

Latitude 5400s - Stuck on Mono audio?

Hi all! We've just received a batch of refurb 5400s, and they all seem to be having issues with audio output seemingly being stuck on Mono. We're using Windows 10, but no matter what I try our users are saying that the audio from their USB headsets have a slight echo, like the sound is coming throug

Question

Closed

Dell precision 5470 and dock TB16 compatible ?

Question

Closed

Latitude 7430 Keyboard Lights always on

Hello, we have a 7430 with the backlit keyboard. Problem is, the keyboard is backlit all the time.  The F5 key does not change the brightness of the backlight, tried it with and without the FN key.  Interestingly, in the BIOS, under keyboard there are no options for keyboard lighting like

Question

Closed

Dell Latitude E6540 M.2

is laptop DELL Latitude E6540 has an available M.2 slot and that it supports NVMe SSDs ?

Question

Closed

Latitude E7470 won't start (Dell logo appears, but no BIOS info)

My Latitude E747 laptop won't start after the power was cut to our house. When I press the power on button, the Dell logo appears and then a black screen. No BIOS info is displayed so I can't access the BIOS.  After several minutes a "grub rescue" prompt appears. (The laptop has LUbuntu instal

Question

Closed

Dell latitude 5401 fan control after ubuntu upgrade from 18.04

Hello. I have Latitude 5401 with ubuntu 18.04 preinstalled. I would say that it works fine on this system and I was more than satisfied with it.  But, this version is going "Out-Of-business")) and I decide to upgrade it to 20.04. Every function, menu or key works fine. Except one thing. Fan co

Question

Closed

Paint rubbed off on my Latitude E6420

I have been using my laptop for over 3 years, but the BIOS states it was manufactured 2012. I got it refurbished. The paint has completely rubbed off in one area, and I am not sure how it happened or how to cover it back up. Is it necessary to have the weird sticky paint? I have attached an image.

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!