Conversation Type :

Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
Z

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

Jabra Link Headset momentarily disconnects, affects other USB devices Win 11 9520 solved

Since mid-April, I have been experiencing an issue in which my Jabra 380 USB adapter momentarily disconnects resulting in dropped connections.   When using MS Teams, the Teams call itself would also drop completely.  Sometimes the Jabra 380 would reconnect and be available as an audio device but oft

Question

Closed

Xps 13, motherboard data loss

This question is for a dell xps 2015 that served me well as a young grad. Great performance, good definition on the display, decent battery life. I recently dropped it when lounging in my bed and a piece of the charging port snapped clean off - total human error, but I’m hoping it will be an easy fi

Question

Closed

No screen, no boot.

My Dell Studio XPS 1645 laptop is not displaying anything on the main screen or 2nd screen and is also flashing the caps lock and all the volume lights. Also, the keys are lit up while the PC is obviously not booting to Windows because of the simple fact that the computer immediately turns off the

Question

Closed

Updating Dell XPS 15 9510 RAM from MTA8ATF2G64HZ-3G2E2 to KF432S20IBK2/64

I'm trying to upgrade 16 GB of RAM(8GBx2, MTA8ATF2G64HZ-3G2E2) to 64 GB (2x32GB, KF432S20IBK2/64), but the new RAM is not detected. Any idea what is the matter? Is there a tool to check compatibility?

Question

Closed

XPS 13 Sudden hibernation mode

My laptop is XPS 13 2018 and a while ago it started to go to hibernation mode suddenly after minutes of turning on the laptop with no errors at all. I tried to look for a solution for this problem and i found that i might need to download Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver to 8.2.

Question

Closed

XPS 9315 Updates how long should it take?

Just received my new XPS 13 9315 it has been updating for 20 minutes, is this normal?

Question

Closed

Dell XPS SSD replacement new warranty

Hi. I purchased a dell xps 9700 with 11th gen i7. It came with 2 years warranty. I'm from sri lanka and bought it from a store in sri lanka. The warranty expires on NOV 2023. My laptop had booting issues so I took it to SINGER SERVICE CENTRE which is an authorized service centre for DELL ij my count

Question

Closed

Can A 4TB SSD be Installed

Dear XPS Community May I ask, if it were possible to upgrade this discontinued PC with a 4 Terabyte (TB) Solid State Drive (SSD)? It has been a while since I heard that my PC had been limited to just capable of running a 2TB, which is what I have already upgraded to. I also upgraded the RAM to the

Question

Closed

XPS 15 9500 won't charge - NOT a battery issue

My XPS 15 9500 is only 18 months old, but suddenly it won't charge. Here are the symptoms I observed and tests I tried: When the charger is plugged into the wall, the indicator light on the USB-C connector is on. When I connect it to the computer, the light goes off, and the computer shows no si

Question

Closed

XPS 15 7590 BIOS 1.21.0 Video Fan error message while booting

Has anyone else had the following issue since upgrading the BIOS to 1.21.0? It looks like they've introduced a video fan check during boot. Laptops obviously don't have video fans and so the check fails and displays an error (see below - I've blanked out my service code btw). It also delays booting

Question

Closed

Dell OS Recovery Tool usb drive not recognized in uefi on G7 15 7588

Hello all, I have a Dell Inspiron G7 15 7588 laptop a year past warranty. I'm no stranger to repairing of computers, but it's been a long time since I did this on a daily basis and many, many things have changed. I have created a USB flash drive with the Dell OS Recovery Tool.  When I insert

Question

Closed

Coincell battery - is 9350 and 9370 compatible

xps 9370 signal 3 amber and 1 white (so looking up its the coincell battery) have an xps 9350 so thought try its coincell on the 9370 to see works (atm 9370 not starting up) they are compatible? (connected the 9350 coin batt to the 9370 but though i ask before power the comp) thanks in advance

Question

Official Solution

XPS 17 9730, missing keystroke

It only occurs while plugged in with any adapters, including the original one. The issue disappears after unplugging for about a minute. I have tried:1. Update & reinstall driver 2. Reset Windows to win11 and win10 3. Hard reset the laptop 4. Replace the battery Nothing works. The problem even e

Question

Closed

XPS 9520 and WD22TB4 Thunderbolt 4 Dock

Good Afternoon,I was just wondering if leaving the WD22TB4 Dock plugged into my 9520 on a regular basis will cause issues with laptop battery health.Ty!

Question

Closed

XPS 17 Slow Internet download, USB Ethernet adapter not working

Dell XPS 17 9720, W11Home The machine will not connect to internet when using a Sabrent (NT-SS5G) 5gb ethernet adapter, I get the "Ethernet * doesn't have a valid ip configuration" error, this dongle uses the Aquantia drivers. A Sabrent (NTS25G) branded 2.5gb adapter, using Realtek drivers will con

Question

Closed

Will Windows Obtained From Microsoft Recognize Dell's License?

If I download Windows installation media from Microsoft, will Windows recognize a license from Dell? I'm looking at an XPS 9520. I know it use to be the case that Windows (from Microsoft) did not recognize licenses obtained through a PC vendor (Dell). Users reinstalling Windows had to obtain special

Question

Closed

Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello, I have an old Dell XPS13 laptop (Build 9333) that has run flawlessly for many years. I have previously tired to upgrade this to Windows 10 but, told it was not supported. This was quite a shock to me havingspent so much money on the laptop but, I've finally hit the wall with the dreaded "Yo

Question

Closed

XPS 13 9310 2-in-1, can only select 1920x1080

Does anyone have any idea on how to enable 4k on this model? Thanks

Question

Closed

Dell XPS 13 9360 touchpad stop working after a while

Hello, I have a problem with my XPS 13. I 've recently changed the motherboard due to a overheating problem (last January). After that, the touchpad starts working not properly: after 30 minutes of work, the pointer starts not following th

Question

Closed

Dell XPS 15 7590 - Is is possible to add a second SSD hard-drive?

I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 and I have two questions adding a second SSD hard-drive. 1. Is this even possible and/or supported by Dell? I assume this can be done as the official service manuals reference a second 2.5" hard-drive. I also see from this previous post (https://www.dell.com/community/XP

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!