Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
G

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

XPS 15 9570, 130W or 90W?

Hello, I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 laptop and the original charger failed. The Type C socket does not make a good contact, and the cable in it is apparently broken. My question is, would this laptop model work fully with a 90W charger or will there be a loss of power during operation?

Question

Closed

2nd hand XPS 13 can't remove customer from Windows Image

Hi, I bought a 2nd hands XPS 13 9365 in the Netherlands. Checking the service tag it looks like it has been sold in Norway, so made a trip to NL. Anyway: the previous owner did a factory reset (his words) and at home I noticed a work or school account is required to continue installation/configurat

Question

Closed

Dell XPS 15 burnt!!

I have a Dell XPS 15, built it 2017   Today I was working on it and heard a crackle in my laptop, it then smelled like something burning.  Then the screen it turned itself off. I unplugged it and after few minutes tried to turn it back on. It’s boots up then right after I l

Question

Official Solution

XPS 13 9315 Screen Flickering Issue

Hi, Today I noticed that sometimes the screen on my computer is flickering when there is a static image on the screen, particularly on the bottom parts of the screen. (Close to the Windows taskbar) The flickering goes away when the screen content is continuously changing (e.g. moving the mouse / vi

Question

Official Solution

Closed

XPS 13 9343, NVMe SSD, cannot find bootable device

I have tried to install a new NVMe  SSD in the XPS 13 9343 laptop. When install windows its detect but complete first phase of installation after restarting its unable to boot & show unable to find bootable device. I have tried 2-3 times but its give same error. earlier this laptop used SSD SATA 256

Question

Closed

XPS 15 9560, M2 slots

Hi, How many M2 slots does the XPS 15 9560 have?

Question

Closed

XPS 17 9700, battery screw (8) M2X4, what type of screwdriver?

According to the XPS 17 9700 Service Manual Recommended Tools // Lists the following: Phillips screwdriver #0Phillips screwdriver #1Torx #5 (T5) screwdriver For the Base cover (8) M2X4 screws, (Service Manual // Removing and Installing components page 12) I will need a Torx 5 screwdriver As for the

Question

Closed

xps 15 9510 connecting to wifi but not connecting to the internet

Hi everyone, My XPS 15 9510 always has bad wifi connectivity and recently when i changed my internet provider all devices are working fine apart from my laptop.   The laptop is connecting to the wifi but the internet completely stops working. My system is running windows 11 pro and i have

Question

Closed

Dell Power Management App

Hi i did a suggested update when i opened my Dell power management app to change the custom charging threshold and now the interface has disappeared and i dont know how to change fan and power settings without going inot the bios. Anybody see this ?

Question

Closed

XPS 15 Start Failure (possibly after Windows Update)

Hi, my Dell XPS15 9500 from 2020 (Intel i7, 10th Gen, originally 16 TB Ram, I upgraded last year to 64 GB RAM) fails at starting Windows (11). Yesterday when I turned it on, I was unexpectedly asked for my Microsoft Bitlocker Recovery Key (which I had never used before, but which I found in my Micr

Question

Closed

battery isssue xps 15 9560

Hi Dell team, battery issue change battery and issue blinking light 3 orange 1 white. please solution   

Question

Closed

Wi-Fi driver can’t be detected on device manager

Hi I use an XPS 15 7590. I have an Intel ax200 Wi-Fi card and had a killer 1650 before. I downloaded and installed drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The Bluetooth works fine but Wi-Fi still doesn’t work and can’t be detected on device manager. I already updated BIOS and installed the latest drivers b

Question

Closed

Bottom half of display is covered by close horizontal lines

When I turned my laptop on this morning the bottom half had a kind of screen of horizontal lines across it. Restarting didn't work. I made sure all firmware was updated. Ran diagnostics. Everything is up-to-date, no problems found. Even, when I tried to take a screenshot to do this post, it didn't s

Question

Closed

XPS 15 9500 with Odyssey Ark

I have the XPS 15 9500 with the Nvidia 1650Ti, and I also have the Samsung Odyssey Ark on Windows 11 at 3840x2160 resolution. I have all latest drivers, and its connected to my monitor via HDMI cable through a USB-C to HDMI adapter. I currently can only get 30hz refresh rate, is there any way to get

Question

Closed

Would an external gpu work through mini m.2

I heard you can somehow get a gpu conneted by getting a gpu to hdmi to m.2 but would it work on a dell xps 18

Question

Closed

Onsite Service

Does Dell use third-party techs for onsite service? I am waiting for the service and I am starting to think they will not come today like the website said. Any thoughts? Thanks

Question

Closed

SSD upgrade

Hello i'd like to upgrade the ssd from 256 GB to 1 TB on my XPS 13 9370. I read in an older post that the ssd must suit this specifics: SATA 6 Gbps or PCIe Gen 3 x4, up to 32 Gbps Interface with one M.2 solid-state drive Up to 1 TB SATA drive Up to 1 TB PCIe/NVMe drive and the Samsung 9

Question

Closed

XPS 13 9305 and UD22 - looking for 4 external displays

I work from home fairly permanently now and have decided that I would like 4 external displays (so 4 including the monitor). The monitors I have are fairly cheap and all have HDMI inputs, I work in banking so don't need anything high end from a resolution perspective, just lots of active real estate

Question

Closed

Which model battery can be replaced for G8VCF battery in Dell xps 13 9370 model

Hi, I want to replace G8VCF battery for my XPS 13 9370 model which is out of warranty. Which other battery can be used instead of G8VCF

Question

Closed

XPS 15 9579 issue with charger, charging port, or battery?

My warranty expired in November 2022 and my laptop has been having trouble charging lately. I've run tests and checked the battery and through support assist, the battery health is "good". Though, when I run hardware tests on Dell.com, I get a "warning" result saying the battery's capacity is decrea

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!