Published Date :

Lifetime

Category

Most Recent
E

Community Accepted Solution

Closed

I'm doing something wrong, but what? WD-19TB and 9310 vs 9360

My home setup is a WD-19TB connected to two Dell monitors. I have a Logi Bolt dongle for my Keyboard/mouse and a Poly dongle for my headset plugged into the dock. My personal XPS-13 9310 recognizes everything and works as intended - I leave the laptop shut, plug in the USB-C from the dock and it is

Question

Closed

Odd Problem with Corporate Resold XPS 13 9350 — Unable to install any Dell drivers

I can install Windows 10 Pro, Windows 11 Pro, and Arch Linux (Arch April 1, 2023 Install Medium). Here's the problem: Only on Windows 10 or Windows 11, none of the Drivers from Dell will install and a bunch of the devices remain unusable by Windows. I've installed Arch Linux as noted above and ALL

Question

Closed

XPS 9710 BIOS Admin Password not available for setup - old and new passwords greyed out

I wanted to protect the laptop for a travel purpose and decided to set a bios password, however it seems that there is no way to do that. I have never touched this section and purchased the laptop new from dell.com so there is no "old password".

Question

Closed

XPS 15 9500 Touchpad Rattle Issue

X Hello Gang, My 9500 has the dreaded touchpad rattle issue. If I put pressure on the bottom of the laptop, the rattle goes away. It's still under warranty. What are my options to have it repaired? If I have to send it in, will the they transfer my files over to a replacement unit? Or, can they re

Question

Closed

Gpu xps

Hi . I was thinking in buying the new XPS 15 (2023) with GPU RTX 4070. My question is: can I upgrade the GPU in the future? for example: a GPU RTX 4080 or 4090?

Question

Closed

XPS 9700 - Intel High Definition Audio - Driver Missing Windows 11

Hello -- The Intel High Definition Audio device is listed under Other Devices in the Windows 11 Device Manager (see screenshot below). I have attempted to update the driver, but Windows is unable to locate one for it and I have not found one listed in the Dell downloads for my device. This device wa

Question

Closed

Can't See Wi-Fi 6E 6Ghz SSID on Dell Precision 3561

Seems to be a common issue on several Dell laptops, but couldn't find a thread specifcially for my model.Anyone know if it should be supported on my model, and if so is there a BIOS or drivers update to enable it (I have updated them recently)?

Question

Closed

Dell XPS 9560 support Samsung 980 EVO Pro SSD or not

Hi all, I have been using Dell XPS for around 4 Years i have ordered with Ram 32 GB + 1TB SSDand currently storage almost full so would like to change and upgrade the new SSD to 2TB SSDsince i saw the price must not be difference between Samsung 970 Evo Plus and Samsung 980 ProWhich not sure th

Question

Closed

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) After win 10 update

1 After win 11 update audio driver is not being installed or recognized. See error msg in image 2 can someone pls advise in how to tackle this effeciently. Kr, LG

Question

Closed

Laptop screen on 5560 has stopped working when external monitors are attached

Dell 5560 laptop screen doesn't work when the external monitors are connected, and the laptop screen does not show (in Win10) when looking in display properties. When disconnected, the screen still does not respond. The light in front of the mouse pad flashes white 7 times, then after a short pause,

Question

Closed

XPS 15 9520 - Latest driver updates killed the sound

I updated my drivers to the latest (Windows Update) as I regularly do, without thinking too much, but now I have no sounds. Nothing plays on the speakers, in plugged-in headset nor in Airpods. Nothing. Other than "have you rebooted" or "try the sound issue utility", what should I do? It's one of t

Question

Closed

XPS 13 Slow processing

I have an XPS 13 9343 with an i5-5200U CPU @ 2.2GHz and 8GB of ram running Windows 10 Pro. The performance has slowly gotten worse over the last year or so. It has gotten to a point where any web browser (Firefox, Chrome or Edge) won't fully load web pages. The CPU hits 100% usage and the usage memo

Question

Closed

Windows 10 Recovery USB created from Dell's official iso fails to find SSD in XPS 15 9500

Hello folks I have a Dell XPS 15 9500 (2021 H1 edition) with core i9-10885H, 32GB RAM and 1TB SK Hynix SSD. I had been using Linux on it but now I want to install Dell's "official" Windows 10 on it. I downloaded Dell's Windows 10 OS recovery image and created a bootable USB with it. I followed

Question

Closed

XPS 15 9520 - Additional 4 TB SSD (Gen4 M.2 NVMe) for Lightroom Classic catalog

Hello! I'm a landscape photographer and looking for a 4 TB SSD for my Lightroom Classic catalog on my XPS 15 9520. I bought the 2 TB version with a "Kioxia KXG70PNV2T04" and there should be another PCIe port available. I read something a little conflicting about the compatibility, so I wanted t

Question

Closed

Some questions about the XPS 17 (9720 and probably others ) in the Dell pdf's

Start off : XPS 17 9720 Setup and specifications pdf : Pg 8 :  there are 5 devices ontop of your screen , 1 rgb/IR camera , 2 IR LED's , a camera status light and ambient light sensor. So why if you shine with a flash light , do I find 2 more holes left of those 5 ? (not the 2 microphones real

Question

Closed

Intel Xe or Nvidia GPU for Laptop's Internal Display?

I have a XPS 17 9720 with Nvidia 3050 GPU. But on Windows 11 Pro's Display setting, it shows that it has the Intel Xe adaptor for the display. Is this normal? I thought it should shows Nvidia GPU to power the internal display.

Question

Closed

Disconnect Battery When Swapping DSS?

I'm removing the single factory-supplied DSS (512GB) from my XPS 15 9520 and replacing it with two 1TB DSS's. Other than my personal safety and the safety of other components in the laptop, is there any reason to disconnect the battery before making the swap?  Thanks in advance. (I've already

Question

Official Solution

Closed

Default wallpaper XPS 15 9500

Hello! Where can I find the default wallpaper for my laptop?

Question

Closed

Dell Update app

Just recently got my Dell XPS 17 (9720) laptop.  I see that there is a Dell Update app to update apps, drivers, bios, etc.   It may be launched from a service, but I cannot find an exe file.    I can pin it to taslbar or to my start menu, but I keep an update folder on my desktop to launch various u

Question

Closed

XPS 13 7390 "No bootable devices found"

Hi, Please help because I know nothing about computers. I have an XPS 13 7390 without a warranty (Dell says it's a software issue so I'd have to pay for their support). I thought that there were viruses on it so I decided to wipe it and googled. At the Dell logo screen, I pressed F2 then I selected

Question

Dell Support Results

No Results found!