Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

March 4th, 2024 19:10

Dell Dock – WD19S 130W - Precision 3541 - LAN connection Issues

I have 20 Precision 3541s here at the University I work at. They are great machines even past the warranty date.

Recently we bought 2 WD19S docks as our vendor said they are the only model that will work with the 3541s.

I am having an issue that I have never encountered before.

Our users attached the USBC/Thunderbolt connection and then turn on the laptop. No issues is POST and no errors. Once the Windows 10 login screen comes up the LAN connection does not work. All other attached devices work (DP, USB mouse/keyboard, power)

Once logged in as admin I navigate to Device Manager and the LAN ( Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver) isnt there. 

I installed all the updated drivers from https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ca/product-support/product/dell-wd19s-130w-dock/drivers.

I also made sure the Precision 3541 has all updated drivers, which it does.

Rebooted and the problem persists.

I have found a temporary work around though, once logged in I remove the USB-C connection and reconnect.  Then Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver shows up in Device Manager and the LAN works.

It stays working even on reboot as long as the Precision isnt shut down and disconnected.

However the users take their laptops home everynight so this temp workaroudn doesnt stick.

Looking for some assistance.

Thank you

March 8th, 2024 20:30

I'm having this exact issue but with latitude 3540 very fustrating. Tried everything

‎Dell WD19S Dock Realtek Ethernet Driver not showing unless I plug in USB C twice | DELL Technologies

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

March 14th, 2024 17:29

@techguy4011​ "good" to hear fellow tech :) appreciate the comment!

March 19th, 2024 17:28

I updated a reply back to you on my post! dell updated the site 

Support for Dell Dock – WD19S | Drivers & Downloads | Dell UK

use the new firmware for the Realtek utility.

Im testing it out now. 

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

March 27th, 2024 20:09

@techguy4011​ good to know! thanks for the update :)

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

March 27th, 2024 20:35

it worked!! Happy day :)

No Events found!