Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

April 15th, 2024 05:57

RTX 4070 Super FE in a precision tower?

I wonder if anyone was able to put an RTX 4070 Super FE into any precision tower?  I'm having trouble fitting one into my T7920.

I can barely fit the card with the power cables connected, but there is this extra piece inside of the side cover that just sits where the power adapter is and I can't close the cover.  Below picture is of a 7820 side cover, showing which piece I'm talking about.

I then tried with a T3610, and there is this same piece inside of the side cover that keeps me from closing the side cover.  It looks like the height of this piece is just so that it'll keep a full-height GPU in-place, but the power connect on the 4070 Super FE is right there!

Given that the side cover of a T7820 has this piece as well, I wonder if this will be an issue for all precision towers?

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

April 15th, 2024 06:33

Yes, to fully close the side panel, you must remove the PCIe graphics stabilizer bar (in your picture) and using GPU brace support or anti sag bracket.  Some GPU cards will require to combine with the use of 90° angle power adapter.

Search the net for proper process to remove the rivets and it will come off without damaging the side panel.

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

April 15th, 2024 23:45

@Chino de Oro​ Thanks for confirming that.  I already have the right-angle power adapter.

No Events found!