Unsolved

A

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 3rd, 2024 20:04

Precision 7960 - Drive Caddies Required

Hi,

Looking for part numbers for a flexbay with the SSD adapter for a Precision 7960.

As I developer, I run multiple VMs on VMWare, and have them stored on SSDs that I want to transfer over. I don't believe that the workstation comes with drive caddies without actually buying drives from Dell. This is the workstation I look to purchase:

(https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-desktops-workstations/precision-7960-tower/spd/precision-t7960-workstation/xctopt7960ca_vp?configurationid=f969b392-bef2-40ee-9e05-8e5ac6e5661a)

I believe the caddies I'm looking for should look kinda like the enclosed picture.

Any help would be appreciated.

P

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

April 4th, 2024 00:11

Take note that when configuring the storage controllers options, the selected flexbay may come with matching brackets/caddies. 

The caddy as your picture is shipped with SATA backplane.  It can accommodate both of 3.5" and 2.5" drives.  To use NVMe SSD on PCIe slot, you will need Ultra-Speed adapter.  To use NVMe SSD in flexbay, you will need different caddy similar as 066HXV module, see picture below.

(edited)

No Events found!