Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

April 4th, 2024 17:53

Precision 3660 -- Using a Sound Blaster Z SE card in PCIe Slot 1 (x4) disables my AMD RX 7900 XT GPU in Slot 2 (x16)

Hi, all -- hope you're well!

I can use a sound card or a graphics card but not BOTH in my Precision tower. Once I insert the sound card, the GPU completely disappears. I believe the PCIe bandwidth is being split, even though the card in Slot 1 doesn't need that many lanes? Is there a way to limit the bandwidth on Slot 1? I cannot get to Slot 4 (blue clasp) because the GPU is in the way, but from what I saw in the Internal Slots of the manual, it is also a x4 slot: Precision 3660 Tower Setup and Specifications | Dell US. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

April 4th, 2024 18:42

I will add, when booting into the BIOS, I am trying to go into Integrated Devices to check/disable slots but when I click on it, everything freezes. That's with the original wired mouse and wired keyboard plugged into the black-colored legacy USB ports in the back and with two different wireless dongle mouse/keyboard combo on any other USB port etc. I get what would be the BIOS "stopwatch" cursor and boom, frozen. This is with and without the PCIe cards installed in their respective slots. I've successfully entered this menu before, maybe two or three BIOS updates ago, currently on 2.12.0 which was just updated a few weeks ago. Otherwise the machine works flawlessly.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

April 4th, 2024 21:15

Gahhh... I think it's because there are NO lanes available anymore. I have installed:

- AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT GPU
- 1TB NVMe boot drive

- 2TB NVMe storage drive
- Intel AX211 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth NVMe card

Nevermind.... unless someone chimes in with a possible solution. Otherwise USB DAC it is. The whole issue with this is AMD GPUs in 2024 for some crazy reason STILL do not have an audio-out ONLY setting thru HDMI. I wanted to optical out to my receiver with the internal card to avoid having one more thing on top of my desk but oh well.

No Events found!