Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 4th, 2024 14:12

Missing handles? Confusing product numbering?

Just wanted to voice a complaint or two: First is about the newer Precision 5860 tower case handle configurations. Since these towers are usually manhandled by enterprise support tech's and not end users, why do away with the handles? Despite being very heavy, the new cases require both hands to carry the towers, with the one hand in a slip-in void at the top and the other hand wherever you can grab. The older 5820's had a good strong handle allowing for a one-handed carry.

My other complaint is the product numbering - i.e., the Precision tower 5860 vs. the new Precision laptop 5680. Tell me this won't cause potential inventory issues from typo's?

1 Rookie

• 

26 Posts

April 4th, 2024 14:57

"My other complaint is the product numbering - i.e., the Precision tower 5860 vs. the new Precision laptop 5680. Tell me this won't cause potential inventory issues from typo's?"

It does, the new Dell OptiPlex 7010 Desktop line started in 2023, however we already had an OptiPlex 7010 back in 2012, confusing a lot a people looking for parts for these.

Someone who doesn’t know much about computers was telling me that he is about to purchase a Dell OptiPlex 7010 with a huge discount on it for $250 while Dell is charging $800 for the” same thing”!  Turned out he was about to purchase a 12 year old refurbished desktop... 

No Events found!