T

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 11th, 2024 19:38

Dell T5600 PCIE Expansion Card Issues

Dell T5600 PCIE Expansion Card Issues

Hello,

I recently added a PCIE SATA Expansion Card to my Dell T5600. I am using all flash in this server, so no HDDs. For some reason, the expansion card is not showing up in the BIOS or in the Diagnostics. I have  a Crucial 1Tb SSD connected to it, but the system does't recognize any devices. 

Has anyone ran into this and found a fix for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

10 Elder

• 

23.3K Posts

April 11th, 2024 20:37

Most of these cards lack a boot ROM -- and can be used for storage, but not for use as a boot device.  Check with the card's manufacturer to see what they say.

Does the operating system's drive manager see the drive at all?

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

April 11th, 2024 23:58

What OS is being used?  If it's Windows, go into Device Manager and check for any yellow triangles with "!".  Update drivers for those items.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 12th, 2024 13:49

@ejn63​ I’m not trying to use it as a boot device. It doesn’t show up in the BIOS or in any drive manager.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 12th, 2024 13:50

@bradthetechnut​ I’m using Proxmox at the moment. It doesn’t show up at all.

1 Rookie

• 

14 Posts

April 24th, 2024 23:14

I used a Startech 6 port in an old T7400 and all of the drives showed up in bios drive list, after all of the onboard drives, and the card showed up as a PCIe mass storage device. Of course, that was an old legacy machine. I'm not sure if you're using UEFI, but if so, and if you have a bios option for Legacy ROMS, you might try that.

(edited)

No Events found!