Start a Conversation

Unsolved

GP

3 Posts

March 11th, 2024 16:04

Dell precision tower 5810 wont boot

So i have a refurbed Dell Precision Tower 5810 that has been refurbed for about 1 year , bought the tower off a third part reseller. 2 days ago, the dell tower started to act weird... I tried to turn it on and it would be stuck, Stuck showing the dell logo but with no loading circle. I restarted the thing twoi or three times before it booted up

The next day, it would boot but never enter anything, like it would still be stuck on the logo screen with no Loading circle underneath. When trying to press F8 or F12, it would show the blue bar or it would be stuck constantly trying to load. There was one time i managed to get in by sheer luck into the one time boot menu and from there i decided to update all my graphic drivers, check my game files and updated Programs through Norton. 

However, when Norton asked me to restart the Tower to update certain programs the issue came back and i got an error code and i checked around to see why it could not restart. I then had to shut off the computer to test whether it could turn on again but the problem persisted. I do understand other people have fought through this problem by replacing motherboard. But is there anything i can do as i cant even enter the one time boot menu anymore

March 11th, 2024 16:10

If this info also helps with the current situation, I recently installed helldivers 2 and played it and updated a game on it a few days ago

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

March 11th, 2024 17:51

Before you consider the motherboard replacement route, replace the coin cell battery with a new CR2032.  Clear CMOS via the jumper, and strip components down for troubleshooting.  If F12 is accessible, select to run ePSA diagnostics scan.  If any RAID card being used, maybe the system was hung at its volume test.

March 11th, 2024 18:01

@Chino de Oro​ 

Thanks for the reply, I have changed the cmos battery and F12 is not accessable

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

March 12th, 2024 00:41

A few ideas:

If you disconnect the HDD/SSD, turn on, it should say onscreen "No boot device found."

One can try reseating the RAM 1 stick at a time until fault reappears.

Hopefully this may be of help - Resolve No Power, No POST, No Boot or No Video issues with your Dell Computer

No Events found!