Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

May 1st, 2024 01:09

T130 RAID controller failed

I have T130 with H330 controller, RAID1 configured with 2 drives. Suddenly I’m unable to see H330 controller through BIOS and does not show option go H330 configuration mode during POST. So I assume the controller is dead. If I order a new controller it will take weeks to arrive. 
Is it possible for me to connect the drives to onboard S130 controller and then import config? Or RAID1 disk will boot without controller just connecting to SATA port?

Thanks

• 

8.5K Posts

May 1st, 2024 12:10

Fayax,

I would start with verifying the controller is actually bad. To start would you verify if you are seeing any hardware errors being displayed? Also, would you confirm if there was anything done to the server prior to the issue appearing, such as a power outage or if anything was updated or changed on the server? I ask as I am just wanting to make sure that the sata settings weren't changed and that is keeping the controller from being active. As far as your questions, you would need to change the cabling in order to go to the software controller, as it isn't the same as cabling for the hardware controller. As far as going to the sata ports, it wouldn't understand the striping on the disk. 

Lastly, if you don't have a complete backup of the data I would be cautious doing anything with the raid. 

Let me know if this helps.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

May 1st, 2024 18:10

@DELL-Chris H​ 

The server was not responding, so I had to hard reboot it. After that it happened. I didn’t see any error apart from CMOS batter dead. I have replaced the battery.

Dead battery could have caused the sata setting to change?

Thanks 

• 

8.5K Posts

May 1st, 2024 20:17

It may, would you do me a favor and share some screenshots of the Sata Settings field in the BIOS, this may just be a case of changing the settings to enable the controller. 

Let me know what you see.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 05:30

@DELL-Chris H​ 

Attached screenshots from BIOS settings.

3 Apprentice

• 

406 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 18:01

wait for the controller you cannot change the Controller and keep the raid setting as it is mate.

else swap the controller from another server and remove the Cofng from the controller and then install the controller that's it, if you switched the controller it might lose the data.

By changing the CMOS battery will change your BOIS settings but can't harm data of disk

No Events found!