Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

March 12th, 2024 17:59

R760

I have SAS disk installed on R760 server but it is not recognized only 1 indication light is turned on.

This is the controller i see on this server and i know it is the nvme controller in the back.

This is the enclosure i see on this server:

On this PCIe SSD Backplane 1 when i insert a 2.5" SSD it does get recognized. But nothing with SAS disk.

Also getting this error: Invalid drive type detected in bay 1, slot 1

What do i need to do in order to make the SAS disk to be recognized?

Thanks.

• 

3.7K Posts

March 13th, 2024 04:17

Hello thanks for choosing Dell and welcome to our community!

Do you have a picture where we can see which slot you have the SAS plugged to?

Respectfully,

2 Posts

March 13th, 2024 07:59

@DELL-Young E

Tried on first few slots here

• 

3.2K Posts

March 13th, 2024 14:15

The fact that a 2.5" SSD is recognized in the PCIe SSD Backplane 1 but the SAS disk isn't suggests the issue might be with the SAS disk itself or its compatibility with the server's configuration. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check the SAS Disk:
  • Make sure it's a compatible SAS disk: Double-check the SAS disk model and ensure it's listed as compatible with the R760 server and the specific PERC (SCSI) controller you have. You can find the compatibility information in the server's manual or on Dell's website.

• Inspect the Disk Physically: Look for any physical damage on the SAS disk, such as scratches, dents, or corrosion on the connectors. A damaged disk might not be recognized by the system.

1. Verify the PERC Controller Configuration:
  • Check the PERC settings: Enter the PERC configuration utility and ensure the SAS backplane or the specific slot where the SAS disk is installed is enabled.

• Review RAID configuration: If the server is configured for RAID, make sure the SAS disk isn't intended to be part of an existing RAID array. A non-member disk might not show up individually.

No Events found!