Unsolved

JR

1 Rookie

• 

99 Posts

February 19th, 2024 12:27

R740 + H730P - No raid with disks YKT0W

Hi all,

We have a R740 16SFF with some different disks installed. I see all drives listed on iDRAC web management but If I try to configure a virtual disk with 900GB drives Ref. YKT0W are not selectable. Could someone know the reason?

Regards,

• 

8.5K Posts

February 19th, 2024 16:42

Jtejada.ralco,

Would you confirm if the drives are visible in the H730p controller BIOS, and if not when you reboot into the software controller, are they visible there?
Also, would you confirm if the H730p has been recently added or was part of the original order?
The reason I ask is that if you just added the H730p and the drives aren't visible then you likely didn't change backplane cables, and it is still conected to the software controller..

Let me know what you see. 

1 Rookie

• 

99 Posts

February 20th, 2024 10:16

Yes, drives are visible in the H730p controller BIOS. H730p is part of the original order.

But I notice that these drives are not present in "Enclosure management".

(edited)

• 

2.2K Posts

February 20th, 2024 11:37

Hi, I checked the YKT0W and it seems compatible with R740. One reason could be the drive is non-raid mode. Could try to create the drive RAID 0 on H730p. 

1 Rookie

• 

99 Posts

February 20th, 2024 12:06

No, I haven't these options as I have for the other drives.

Regards,

• 

2.2K Posts

February 20th, 2024 12:27

That's odd, Could you check the PERC FW up to date. I'm just thinking if the drive utilize something else for example as a global hotspare may cause this. Is there more than one virtual disk? for more VD PERC BIOS uses to setup (in Boot Settings). Let's try to see the drive in PERC BIOS. You can use CTRL+R while the server is rebooting. If you can't see CTRL+R prompt then you need to set BIOS instead of UEFI sata settings. In PERC BIOS I believe you can configure the second VD then as well. 

No Events found!