Unsolved

P

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 6th, 2024 10:21

perc 4e/Di

Hi,

I'm looking for Perc 4e/Di driver for WinPE. 

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with Raid card, and want his driver (files .inf) - not .exe please.

Driver PERC 4e/Di  .inf files for WinPE. My OS is MS Windows 2003.

Regards

Pierrefitte

• 

3.4K Posts

March 6th, 2024 14:52

Hello,

unfortunately we don't have drivers for WinPE, as it is only compatible with the full version of the OS.

Here more details about OS support

https://dell.to/435BXow

and here all drivers format for this

https://dell.to/432cGvv

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 10th, 2024 16:58

Hi Marco,

Thank you very much for responding.
If there is no .inf PERC driver for WinPE, could you tell me how to disable Raid on my server, and use it like a normal server?
Today my server is configured in Raid 5, and I want to delete or deactivate this Raid so that my server works like a normal server without Raid.

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Pierrefitte

• 

3.7K Posts

March 11th, 2024 01:47

Hello, could we refer to page 6?

"SCSI/SCSI is not a RAID configuration and is available only if you disable RAID by selecting SCSI mode in the system BIOS. (Access the system BIOS by pressing during bootup). See your systems User's Guide to learn how to select SCSI and RAID modes in the system BIOS."

Dell PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller 4/Di/Si and 4e/Di/Si User's Guide

Respectfully,

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 11th, 2024 19:50

Hello,

I'll test and let you know.

Thank you so much

Regards
Pierrefitte

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 21st, 2024 16:00

@DELL-Young E​ 

Hello Young E,

I disabled RAID and selected SCSI mode in the system BIOS of my PowerEdge 2850 server.
But when starting I get the following message "Disk reading error". Enter "Crtl+Alt+Del" to restart.

Need help please.
Thank you so much.

Regard
Pierrefitte

• 

8.5K Posts

March 21st, 2024 16:39

Have you reconfigured or reinstalled anything since changing? I ask as the notice on page 8 states

NOTICE: You will lose data if the configuration is changed from SCSI to RAID, RAID to SCSI, or RAID/RAID to RAID/SCSI. 

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 22nd, 2024 09:18

Hi Chris,

I didn't install anything after disabling RAID. However, the Windows Server 2003 operating system is already installed on my server. But it doesn't matter, I can reinstall it without problem.

Now can you tell me what to do after disabling RAID and switching to SCSI mode so that my server boots without the "Disk reading error" error message?

Second question : is it possible to configure RAID "1" with RAID mode deactivated please?

If so, tell me how to do it.

Thank you so much.

Regards

Pierrefitte

• 

3.4K Posts

March 22nd, 2024 09:59

Now can you tell me what to do after disabling RAID and switching to SCSI mode so that my server boots without the "Disk reading error" error message?

You have to reinstall the OS on one of the hard disk that is recognized by the server. Of course you cannot use a RAID configuration but only separate hard disks

Second question : is it possible to configure RAID "1" with RAID mode deactivated please?

No it is not possible to configure a RAID with RAID mode deactivated

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 25th, 2024 17:58

@DELL-Marco B​ 

Hello Marco,

I'll test and let you know.

Thank you so much

Regards
Pierrefitte

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 27th, 2024 06:06

Hi Marco,

Successful operation.
I disabled Raid and reinstalled my system, and everything works perfectly.
Thank you very much for your valuable help.

Regards
Pierrefitte
No Events found!