Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

April 27th, 2024 04:46

R730XD thinks it is a R730

I have an R730XD that we purchased new.  After some recent firmware, the system motherboard suddenly thinks it is a R730.  There has been no hardware changes, no motherboard changes, etc.  

Everything still works except when we boot, we receive the following error...

CBL0001:  Backplane 0 power cable disconnected.

Now..when I press F1 the system continues to boot and it is booting off the two drives in the rear flex bay.  All of the drives are powered up and the PERC sees all of them.  The backplane does have power, it just seems we are getting this error because the motherboard thinks it is a R730 instead of an XD.

I have checked and reseated all the cables.  I borrowed a rear flex bay board from another system and swapped them but that didn't make any difference.  The only difference I can see with this R730XD and the other three is that when I boot, the system says 'PowerEdge R730' instead of 'PowerEdge R730XD'.  

I downloaded the Platform Update ISO and ran through it fully.  No luck.  

I did a full reset on the iDRAC also.  

Any thoughts on what to try or how to force the motherboard to realize it is an R730XD again?

Thanks.

• 

3.7K Posts

April 29th, 2024 03:41

Hello thanks for choosing Dell and welcome to our community.

Could you check the right ear control cable? The location can be found here.

https://dell.to/4aZwdzN

Respectfully,

3 Apprentice

• 

406 Posts

May 2nd, 2024 18:09

have you checked the BIOS version in the system which are fine and effected one, check all the possible firmware please share your input to understand if the issue is still open or closed.

No Events found!