Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

April 6th, 2024 17:27

Websites stop loading.

Dell OptiPlex 3060 SFF.

From time to time almost all sites do not load, except YouTube and one or two more. I connect to the Internet in four different ways, both via cable and through external and built-in Wi-Fi adapters. The problem remains. Reloading helps, but sometimes not for long. Diagnostics and updates from the Dell website do not help.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

May 7th, 2024 14:21

When I examined the processor and socket, I found that the slanted lobe pins were chaotically shifted in two places.  It looks like the effects of being hit with a sharp object. I fixed it as best I could, but you need good optics here. I don't have a microscope.

Now the computer has been working fine for several weeks. The cause is probably fixed.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

April 9th, 2024 12:22

I thought it was a problem with the Realtek network card drivers. Rolling back to the old version seemed to help. But then I started scanning, updating from Dell.com, as a result still nothing works at all, only Youtube and a couple of other sites. But rolling back to old drivers is now impossible.

On the other hand, even removing the network card in the BIOS does not help. Wi-Fi via an external adapter or an internal one in the M.2 slot does not change anything.

All this has been going on for at least six months, I cannot establish the reason. Now it is clear that it is inside the system unit.

The silence on the forum is incomprehensible. Am I really the first in the history of Dell computers to have this problem?

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

April 9th, 2024 13:22

Have you tried a clean OS Win10 install?  Use a test hdd or ssd if you don’t want to wipe your current drive.  Uninstall the current drive install the test drive do a clean OS install

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

April 11th, 2024 01:09

Before trying to reload OS, replace size 2032 CMOS battery if it's 5+ years old.  Reloading OS won't work either on a bad battery because it messes with BIOS.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

April 14th, 2024 07:03

I've replaced the 2032 battery twice already. I reinstalled Windows 10.11 several times. The last time was a few days ago on an SSD drive that was not yet in this computer. Erased all low-level data before installation. Rearranged/removed the memory bars in all combinations. I've already walked around the whole city with my system unit, trying to connect in different places. I checked the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply for ESR.

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

April 14th, 2024 21:36

Unreal and good troubleshooting.

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

May 7th, 2024 23:59

@Tomik21​ 

Again, unreal.  Glad you got it working.  :)

1 Rookie

• 

28 Posts

May 18th, 2024 00:04

Yet, there's no mention that did not try using another browser, I have a 2nd browser for backup.

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

18-05-2024 04:18 AM

@Richie992024​ 

You're right that there's no mention of a 2nd browser.  But that has nothing to do with bent CPU or socket pins.

No Events found!