Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

26 Posts

April 7th, 2024 16:41

OptiPlex 755 Outer Case Loose!!

Hello Dell Community,

I recently bought a Dell OptiPlex 755 from eBay and it has an issue with the outer case or shell, I don't know what you call it. Anyway, the top of my Desktop Computer is very loose and wobbling, is there any way to fix this and press it back down into place? My dad believes it wasn't placed back down correctly. Do you think that is true or not? I'm looking forward to your responses.

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

April 7th, 2024 21:02

the top plastic is glued to the front bezel via a joint.

if the joint is broken, it may be hard to securely attach the top bezel.

1 Rookie

• 

26 Posts

April 7th, 2024 23:50

@redxps630​ I see, is there a potential fix to this problem?

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

April 8th, 2024 00:51

you can try superglue overnight by clamping down the loose plastic using vise clamp but I had optiplex case that has loose plastic shell that just would stay put.  I am surprised you actually bought this old model from ebay unless it was a long time ago.  if you find a thrown out Opti tower case in e-cycle you could swap case.  not worth buying another case for this.

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

April 12th, 2024 03:29

Some years ago, I bought GX620 a cover off of eBay for my previous 755.  Didn't see any glue holding the original cover.  Just had to cut/Dremel one tab off the GX620 cover to make fit.

Other than a different/new/used cover, glue may be the only option as redxps mentioned.

(edited)

No Events found!