Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

May 1st, 2024 21:44

KB216 UK - does it have Euro?

Hi all,

Looking to buy a new PC and I have a question about the KB216 keyboard. The pictures of both the US/INT version and the UK version both look the same with # above the 3 and $ above the 4. My old Dell kybd has £ above the 3, $ above the 4, and € as a ctrl-alt option next to the 4. My question is, if I regularly use £ and €, do I need the US/INT version or will the UK version do the job? 

Thanks

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

May 2nd, 2024 01:02

It's not said what PC you plan on buying or the type of connection your keyboard has, either USB or PS/2 connection.  It sounds like your best off keeping your UK keyboard as long as it has keys you normally use and the US/INT version doesn't.

When you get your new PC, during setup, you might have to select what keyboard you have.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

May 9th, 2024 08:51

Thanks for the response Brad. It'll be a Windows PC. Not sure why you mentioned the connection - haven't used a PS/2 keyboard for many a long year, do they even make them? My old keyboard is long in the tooth and many of the keylabels are worn out so I need to replace it. I suspect my issue may have nothing to do with the keyboard itself - I'm thinking Windows (or the kybd driver) decides what character to generate on any given key press so either the UK or US/INT keyboards will probably work just fine. It would be quite handy if the keylabels matched the characters generated by each key though.

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

May 9th, 2024 23:52

Guess what.  Not sure why I mentioned PS/2 either.  :)>

That's just it.  If you get a US keyboard, characters may not match if you have Windows set to UK.

Might not be the most convenient, but Windows has a Character Map in the Start Menu whereas you can select special characters.  A shortcut can be placed on the desktop.

No Events found!