Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

April 4th, 2024 16:09

Dell optiplex 3060 eating up CMOS batteries

We have a batch of Opitplex 3060's that have ran thru two CMOS batteries now (the original factory one and a replacement) which I feel like is way to fast. I think we have these machines for about 4 years now. (Summer of '19?) I’ve only replaced the CMOS batteries on 1 occasion on all the PC Ive worked with before. Normally you replace an obsolete PC well before the battery runs flat.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue or possible solutions.

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

April 4th, 2024 16:24

I should note that we are on the latest 1.28.0 BIOS and it happens on machines that stay on over night and ones that shutdown over night. (they are always plugged in desktops) The replacement are Sony brand that expire in 2029.

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

April 5th, 2024 02:44

Sony 2032 batteries have only lasted me 2 years.  A good battery should last around 5 years.  I use Energizer.  I used to recommend Duracell, but too many of their AA batteries leaked on me.

Energizer 2032 batteries Amazon

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

April 5th, 2024 13:11

Noted!

But Why did the OEM batteries go out so soon? I think they are all JHT brand. Like I said I have rarely had to replace a CMOS battery in a machine before these 3060's. They get replaced before that battery runs dry.

6 Professor

• 

7.5K Posts

April 5th, 2024 23:58

I'm not familiar with using the JHT brand.  I buy my PC's refurb and had to replace the battery on every one upon arrival.

No Events found!