Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

August 21st, 2023 18:27

Why can I not find my new forum post?

I asked a question on the Precision Mobile Workstations forum about a pretty issue that I am having. My profile says that I have created one topic -- which should be that one. However, when I filter my activity stream to topics created, there is nothing. When I search for my forum post's keywords and filter by nmy name, there is nothing.

I don't have anything in my emails about verifying my account or anything like that. When I tried to sign up it said there was already an account with my email and merged them. What am I supposed to do to get my post up? It is actually super important to me, and I really do need answers.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

August 21st, 2023 20:10

None of my posts even appear anywhere? The moment I navigate away from the post, it vanishes. This is very disturbing, as I have some serious technical issues I need help with and apparently I cannot get these answers (support chat has also been unhelpful.)

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

21-08-2023 20:13 PM

Your post appeared in that other thread and was moved to your own thread.

Note, you cannot reply to a thread that is already locked.

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 21st, 2023 20:19

Dell is not going to purchase and test any 3rd party KVM switches. The Dell Precision 7670 sales site never stated =
"The Precision 7670 will work with all/any 3rd party KVM switches."

All support for 3rd party CKL 922HUA-3 switches must come from CKLKVM, not Dell. Your employer will need to provide to you the hardware needed and testing.

Dell has provided to ALL the Precision 7670 Documentation online =

Precision 7670 Setup and Specifications

Precision 7670 Service Manual

I see on your profile the two threads you started here on New To The Community board. Those two threads are now merged to one thread. Correct, I do not see another thread for you on the Precision Mobile Workstations board. It is possible that you waited to long to submit the thread on the Precision Mobile Workstations board and it timed out.

You should first compose the post in notepad, then go to the Precision Mobile Workstations board. Click, "Start a conversation".

Add a thread title = Precision 7670, not working with 3rd party KVM switches

Body = Then paste the data from notepad including a complete description of the issues listing in detail every device and cable connecting to the Precision 7670 and to the 3rd party KVM switch.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

August 22nd, 2023 14:12

I am merely trying to acquire some information in order to figure out what is going on, if there is a setting or a standard/compatibility issue I'm not aware of, so I that I can fix. I'm not kidding about that, by the way. Just get my original question about KVM switches visible so people can answer or tell me there are no answers.

<Further edits done. Read the Forum Code of Conduct. DELL-Admin>

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 23rd, 2023 19:03

As I previously stated, "Correct, I do not see another thread for you on the Precision Mobile Workstations board.".

If I cannot find it, it is gone. We cannot get it back. As to why the new Forum software lost it, unknown for now. You will need to re-create it.

Which is why I then stated =

You should first compose the post in notepad, then go to the Precision Mobile Workstations board. Click, "Start a conversation".

Add a thread title = Precision 7670, not working with 3rd party KVM switches

Body = Then paste the data from notepad including a complete description of the issues listing in detail every device and cable connecting to the Precision 7670 and to the 3rd party KVM switch.

(edited)

No Events found!