Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

18 Posts

May 28th, 2023 19:00

Trying to respond to a thread, not allowed?

Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1

Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1

I am trying to reply to the thread Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, Touchpad issues - Dell Community and I'm seeing a cropped version of message "Sorry, either you cannot reply to this topic or you have not verified your email address by clicking on the verification link in the email we sent you when you registered. If you did not receive an email from us, or need us to resend it, please visit your User Profile page." which I was able to acquire the entire message using browser "view page source" details.

I've gone to my dell.com/community | my profile and my settings views and I'm not seeing anything that allows me to resend some email address verification message. The catch22 here is a response to this question I am able to post by starting a new discussion is likely something I also cannot respond to because of this bug!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 28th, 2023 22:00

I also cannot reply in that thread. We cannot reply because that thread was locked for some reason. I would say that there is nothing wrong with your account, since you were able to start this new thread. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 29th, 2023 04:00

Not a bug. That 7 month old thread is locked. Start a new thread on the Inspiron Laptops board.

Inspiron 16 7620 2-in-1, Touchpad issues, #2

18 Posts

May 29th, 2023 07:00

Thanks for clarifying what is going on and recommended next steps. Is there an icon or text in that old thread I was overlooking that indicates to users it is locked besides the inability to post a reply?

18 Posts

May 29th, 2023 08:00

Thanks for clarifying what is going on.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

Is there an icon or text in that old thread I was overlooking that indicates to users it is locked besides the inability to post a reply?

Great question! But no, the current Forum software does not have a padlock icon on locked threads. That is on our wish list.

18 Posts

Thanks that helps. 

No Events found!