Start a Conversation

Unsolved

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

July 24th, 2022 10:00

Private Messages area formatting is messed up

The Private Messages area is messed up. This is not a new situation, it's been like this as long as I can remember.

The majority of the screen is taken up by huge banner at the top, menu, banners and navigation at the bottom and lots of wasted white space. There's a tiny scrollable area for message list, and an even smaller scrollable area in which to try to read the selected message.

In MS Edge Chromium and Opera browsers, the only way to make the message list and reading a message somewhat functional is to zoom out so that zoom level is 90% or below. It's still not good, but is at least more functional. However, that is not a solution for anyone who needs 100% or a zoom level above 100% to make browser text more readable for them.

Also, when a message is selected, the message view area shows only three or four lines of the message. We are forced to click "Expand full message" to read the entire message. That is a needless extra step that provides zero user benefit.

Can the formatting be improved for Private Messages, please?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 25th, 2022 08:00

Unfortunately, the formatting is locked by the Forum software.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

July 25th, 2022 08:00

Can you please report the issue to the forum software provider? I've seen other messages about this issue here and also in the Intel forums which appear to use the same software.

I use many forums. For usability, this one is the worst, with so many issue.

No Events found!