Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

2 Intern

• 

205 Posts

August 17th, 2023 19:29

Old Profile Lost Due to Software Changeover

The new Dell Community software did not recognize the username or password for my previous profile (Bulldog17) therefore I had to create a new profile (this one) and in so doing I lost whatever ranking the old profile had. Is there a way to combine these two profiles?

1 Rookie

• 

25 Posts

August 25th, 2023 21:30

I have this problem too.   And any new posts I create vanish after hitting post.  

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 26th, 2023 16:52

Bulldog,

We cannot combine the accounts. I found your old Bulldog17 account. It only had 21 post. The private email address used in creating that account shows "null" and does not show as a "Registered" account under "Profile List". I can add the Registered to the "Profile List". If you still remember the email address and password, you can log out of user Bulldog and try to log in as Bulldog17. I am not sure if it will work though.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 26th, 2023 16:54

Outlaw Wales,

I can only find this one account for you. If the Forum times out on you and then you hit Reply, you will lose the reply. Prior to clicking Reply, compose your reply in notepad. Then click Reply and paste. Or log back in, copy the text from notepad, then click Reply, paste text.

(edited)

2 Intern

• 

205 Posts

August 29th, 2023 00:29

@DELL-Chris M​ 

I can find my former profile - Bulldog17 - simply by searching for it, and see all my posts. I can also reply to my posts - if I wanted to.

The profile is clearly alive and working. I don't know why I had to make a new profile just because Dell changed its Community software.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 29th, 2023 19:28

I hear your frustration. But as I stated above, the accounts cannot be merged.

If you still remember the email address and password, you can log out of user Bulldog and try to log in as Bulldog17. I am not sure if it will work though.

Did you test this?

(edited)

2 Intern

• 

205 Posts

August 29th, 2023 22:28

@DELL-Chris M​ 

I did not test that because (1) both profiles have the same username and (2) in the grand scheme of life, it doesn't really matter.

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

September 3rd, 2023 16:45

Here for the same! I just logged into my Dell Community Forums account maybe six or seven months ago. I did not create a new profile, but the system did not recognize my password so I had to do password reset.

previous username: tcsenter

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2023 20:22

Apologies that the old tcsenter account did not transfer. It is missing an email address and is not Registered anymore. The accounts cannot be merged.

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

September 28th, 2023 20:16

@DELL-Chris M

Hi thanks Chris. Can my old account be deleted so I can re-register with it? Or at least change this ridiculous user account name to something less random numbery?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 29th, 2023 14:44

No, we cannot delete the old account. So you could not use "tcsenter" as username. But we can edit username tcsenter_d1db75 to something shorter.

No Events found!