Go to Solution

Closed

5 Practitioner

• 

239 Posts

November 7th, 2023 18:33

Direct Messaging Still Unavailable

@RoHe 

We previously discussed the fact that I have no Direct Messaging capability in the Tech Experts Forum, which subsequently has disappeared from my Forum options.  In fact, as a Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Instructor, I would like to be considered for admission, but I cannot DM @Dell-Brad L  or whatever his name is.  When I select to join the program, I just get a blank Help page!

This site is really broken!  You were very kind and stated some time ago that you would pass on my conundrum to Dell Forum Administration because I was not the only one without a DM icon beside the Notification icon.  We checked, and I do not have DM disabled in my profile.

When you get the chance, would you be so kind as to provide me with an update?  Thank you.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

November 7th, 2023 21:26

Can you let me know if DM is working on your profile now? I just added it. 

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

November 7th, 2023 19:31

Hi @garioch7 have just requested that your user profile gets Direct Messaging role update. By design, all Registered users will not get the additional "RegisteredPMAllowed" role automatically. A regular Registered user cannot direct message @DELL-Cares UNTIL they are given the required additional role of "RegisteredPMAllowed". At my request, the new forum software has now reinstated the Tech Experts Forum to be private. 

(edited)

5 Practitioner

• 

239 Posts

November 8th, 2023 18:24

@Dell-Brad L 

Thank you.  I see the DM icon now and will message you later to test it.  Will report back.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

5 Practitioner

• 

239 Posts

November 8th, 2023 18:42

@Dell-Brad L 

I have just sent you two DMs (didn't know that the Enter key would send the message), so resorted to the Shift-Enter combo to create paragraph breaks.  The DM function is working fine for me, as far as I can see.  I saw your "test" message.

Thank you again for adding that capability to my profile.  Have a great day.

5 Practitioner

• 

239 Posts

November 8th, 2023 18:54

@crimsom 

My bad.  I neglected to thank you for intervening on my behalf.  I wish to correct that lapse, and thank you for your assistance.  Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

No Events found!