Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

C

44 Posts

July 12th, 2023 04:00

NetWorker VE installation fails during DDVE integration

Hello Experts

I'm trying to setup a NetWorker VE Server. The installation process stucks during creation of the storage unit. Message:

"Unable to connect to 'ddve' because user 'user' does not have sufficient access rights."

I've added admin-rights to the user, but still it fails to generate the storage-unit. I cannot stop  the installation-Process or restart it.

Any ideas on how to get further?

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

July 13th, 2023 20:00

Hi @chrygel ! The user should be a boost user and should have admin role assigned to it. Then retry the step again.

July 20th, 2023 01:00

No it does not need to have admin permissions for years. Preferably the boost user should have the role none, which would make it more secure.

Instead of setting the ddboost devices up during initial setup, simply first deploy Networker NVE and define the ddboost devices after NVE has been fully deployed. Can't you simply go back and deselect the option anymore so that creating boost devices is skipped?

Are all the prereq steps, including creating a user and having it assigned as ddboost user done on the DD?

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/networker/nw_p_ddboostdedup_integration/configuring-the-data-domain-system-for-dd-boost-by-using-the-cli?guid=guid-687c1af4-4853-4233-af9e-56859121d312&lang=en-us

No Events found!