Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 12th, 2024 13:45

U4025QW, TB4 no video, Macbook Pro M3 Max, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

<Starting your own thread since you are not M3T102. That thread specifically was for M3T102. DELL-Admin>

I am still on firmware M3T101 and have not done any firmware updates since I received the monitor. This is a brand new M3 Max Macbook Pro 16". I wonder if Sonoma 14.4.1 has something to do with it? It was working fine yesterday and for several days prior. I've always used the provided TB4 cable and today when I went to go plug in the TB4 cable it caused my laptop to crash and restart immediately. Now I'm nervous something is completely ruined on the monitor. The USB-C ports all provide power, but no video or display is detected on the Mac. Tried the power-down / unplugging as described earlier in the thread and that's not working either.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 12th, 2024 13:52

To receive assistance from Dell support agents they need to first verify the ownership and warranty status. Click the blue "Get Help Now" on the right to start a private live chat session. Share the private U4025QW Service Tag with them.

Since this did not work for you =

* Open the U4025QW Menu- Input Source
* Change Auto Select to Off
* Manually choose/check Thunderbolt (140W)
* Exit the Menu

Then you have to install the macOS firmware M3T102. When finished, restart the Macbook Pro M3 Max and retest using the above setting.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

April 24th, 2024 18:01

I have a similar issue on M3T101 with Windows where the port completely stopped working (no power or video). Did the firmware update fix it for you? I can't update my monitor, the firmware update fails every time.

No Events found!