Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 15th, 2024 11:09

U3423WE, macOS DDPM 1.3.0.0029, huge memory leak

Hello, I want to report a major issue with the DDPM software on Mac (M2) and I couldn't find a better place. 

I'm running MacOs Sonoma 14.3 and DDPM 1.3.0.0.29 (latest), the app works but it has a huge memory leak after longer time use and mostly after computer goes to sleep.

Use case: Start DDPM > put Mac to sleep for a few hours > Wake up Mac 

Result: RAM usage is almost max, and read/write on the SSD is huge. The OS moves extremely slow and it's mostly unresponsive until DDPM is closed. Then all comes back to normal.

Please fix this issue, otherwise the app is useless and it's a pity for users that need it for the monitor KVM management. (U3423WE)

Thank you.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 23rd, 2024 12:52

U3423WE M2B103
MacBook Pro M2 (macOS 14.3.1 Sonoma)
DDPM 1.3.0.0029

macOS DDPM 1.3.0.0029 is the only version currently available. The older versions of macOS DDPM have been pulled due to security reasons.

Team put MacBook Pro M2 to sleep then woke up. DDPM’s CPU and memory usage are kept as normal. The possible reason on memory or CPU loading as the ColorSync.useragent may occupy CPU is a known Apple issue. User can open Mac Activity Monitor, screen shot top CPU and memory processes, DDPM CPU and memory usage.

Below are the instruction pictures on how to get DDPM "logs" from the macOS. Once found, upload them to a share that I can send to the team =

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 6th, 2024 07:18

Hey,

I have the same problem. I'll bookmark this page share the logs once I observe the memory leak. It takes around 1-2 days.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 13th, 2024 14:23

* Click Launchpad > Other >Open Terminal
* Enter > cd /Applications/DDPM
* Enter > ./DDPM /Writeloglevel debug
* Reproduce the problem

* Back to Desktop and Click Go > Go to Folder (Hotkey: Shift+Command+G)
* Enter /User/[Username]/Applications/DDPM
* DDPM Log: Get /Users/[Username]/Applications/DDPM/DDPM.log

* USB SDK Log: Get /Users/[Username]/Applications/DDPM/DellMonitorSDK-XXX.log
* Crash Log : go to launchpad > other > console > Crash Reports > Reveal in Finder > DDPM-xxxx-xx-xx-xxxxx.ips

* Network KVM Log: Get /Users/[Username]/Applications/DDPM/log_network_kvm/DDPM_NetworkKVM xxxxxxxxx.log

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 14th, 2024 16:20

All should uninstall 1.3.0.0029, restart the system and then test the new version =

May 9, 2024
12 Monterey, 13 Ventura, 14 Sonoma

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 15th, 2024 13:45

I've been following this thread since getting my new 43" monitor a few weeks ago and have had the same problem as others have stated.  I did enable debug logs and collected them; where/how should I share them with you Dell-Chris M?  I'm already running version 1.3.0.0037

My workaround for the time being is to restart DDPM anytime my machine has been asleep to free up the memory. For example, my WindowServer memory usage had increased overnight to 7.76GB; restarting the app dropped it to 1.1GB.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

15-05-2024 13:51 PM

@ntx_​ Read the private direct message I just sent you.

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

15-05-2024 14:30 PM

@DELL-Chris M​ done!

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 16th, 2024 11:40

I have the same problem as ntx_.

I start my Mac in the morning and put it to sleep at night, but if DDPM is running in the background, the Mac is extremely slow when I wake it up the next morning.

I have checked the Activity Monitor and found that the CPU usage of kernel_task and especially the RAM usage of WindowServer were very high.
  • kernel_task CPU usage
    17%->67%
  • WindowServer CPU usage
    10%->43%
  • WindowServer RAM usage
    1.4GB->5.5GB
If I quit DDPM, it returns to normal.

I'm using DDPM V1.3.0.0037, U3223QE, macOS Sonoma 14.5, and MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) with 8GB RAM.
No Events found!