Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 7th, 2024 10:21

U2724DE, Brio Webcam plugged with USB-C (Thunderbolt)

Hey everyone!

I have my Mac M1 connected to Dell U2724DE with Thunderbolt cable.
Is there a way to plug my Logitech BRIO camera straight to the monitor? So far I have tried both remaining USB-C ports - unsuccessfully. When connected to Mac, it works perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance for any advices!

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

April 7th, 2024 11:04

The Logitech BRIO requires camera driver for operation.  Therefore, to connect the camera directly to the monitor, you will need to install the camera driver to your Mac first, then while connecting your Mac to an upstream port on the monitor, you can connect the camera to a downstream port on the monitor. 

Refer to your monitor input panel for the function of USB ports.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 7th, 2024 15:24

@Chino de Oro​ 

My Mac is connected to Port 7 and I have tried connecting the webcam to port 6; however, without any results. (the camera doesn't even load)
When I connect the Webcam straight to the Mac with USB-C, it works fine, so I suppose the drivers are already installed.

Any ideas how to solve it?

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

April 8th, 2024 09:15

Have you try to connect the camera to USB-C port #15?  

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 8th, 2024 09:31

@Chino de Oro​ Tried it now; however, still no response. Went through all USB-C ports now (#6, #8 and #15)
I am starting to be a bit desperate.

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

April 8th, 2024 12:27

Verify the monitor OSD menu for proper settings and ports enablement.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 8th, 2024 12:48

Assuming you have the MacBook M1 laptop?

The U2724DE User's Guide specifically states for port #6 Thunderbolt 4 downstream =

Thunderbolt 4 downstream port only suitable for video output under Daisy chain. Connecting the monitor for TBT daisy chain.

Notice it doesn't mention using it with a device as it does for #9/#10/#12/#14.

As to why the Brio Webcam doesn't work on #14, unknown. The #7 Thunderbolt 4 upstream port and provided 1.8m DP 1.4 to DP 1.4 only give 90W. Perhaps the Brio Webcam is pulling more power causing it to not work? Have you connected the Apple AC power to the MacBook M1 laptop and retested?

(edited)

No Events found!