Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 1st, 2024 03:23

U2723QE, Photoshop, Spyder, profile error

Whenever I open an image in Photoshop I get the following message: "The monitor profile Dell U2723QE colour profile D6500 Rec709_V2 appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration.". I can rerun my Spyder calibration software endless but it makes no difference - I still get the same message.

1 Rookie

• 

719 Posts

April 2nd, 2024 10:31

In Datacolor software try to select ICC v2 profile (Win). Re calibrate.

If Photoshop still complains, use DisplayCAL instead.

Spyder 3/4/5/ are paper weights and SpyderX only have a generic "Wide LED" colorimeter correction for several display types, so white may not look "white d65" after calibration, Spyders' fault.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 12th, 2024 19:18

Same issue as above but I'm not a technical user:

Monitor delivered yesterday.  MS Windows10.  Tried to open a photo in Photoshop Elements12 after setting it up and got the following pop-up - The monitor profile 'DELL U2723QE Colour Profile, D6500, sRGB_V2' appears to be defective.  Please rerun your monitor calibration software.

Now first time out I got a Rec709_V2 error pop-up (which is what it was factory set to) so having read the above post I tried to be clever and changed the profile to sRGB in Windows/ Settings hence the slightly different error message next time round.  I have to reboot each time to get rid of the pop-up so I'm reluctant to keep doing the same thing through all options.

I have DELL Display Manager 2.3 installed but can't see anything that might be helpful there.  It says 'Smart HDR' is turned off, as it is in Windows/Settings.

I don't understand the technical reply above - Datacolour software, Spyder, DisplayCAL etc. - presume they're third party pro calibration softwares which I don't have?  I have no idea how to fix this but I definitely don't want 'white not looking white' lol - that was the whole point of buying a decent monitor.  This is just crazy.

Many thanks - an understandable eli5 walk-through would be just great.

No Events found!