Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

April 9th, 2020 06:00

P2419H, Soundbar options?

Hello,

I am planning to purchase a Dell P Series 24" Screen Monitor (P2419H), which I will mount to my wall, and I want to purchase a Dell Stereo SoundBar AC511 for it. I have watched a video to see if the speaker would fit into the monitor. The guy in the video talks about these two tabs, and judging from the pictures I saw of the monitor, I can say that there are probably no tabs for this monitor. If any of you own a Dell P Series 24" Screen Monitor (P2419H), please let me know if there are tabs.

If you use a speaker that is mounted to this particular monitor, please let me know.

41zaz9M+7PL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Thanks in advance!

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 9th, 2020 06:00

@fmirza1  you want the Dell AC511M here, which is the AC511 soundbar with the required mounting bracket included.

2 Posts

April 9th, 2020 07:00

@jphughan I am planning to put my monitor on a wall mount. So would the speaker be able to connect to my monitor somehow?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 9th, 2020 09:00

@fmirza1  As far as I can tell, this soundbar uses USB for both power and audio, unlike previous versions that used USB or a proprietary DC power output for power and required the display to also have a separate 3.5mm headphone jack output for audio.  In terms of physically mounting it though, if you're already going with a different mounting solution for the display, could you not also mount some sort of very small shelf or lip under the display and perch the soundbar on that?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 9th, 2020 09:00

@fmirza1  building on the reply I just posted above, just to be clear, the mounting bracket included in the 511M version includes the little piece that is designed to hug the vertical portion of the regular Dell stand.  If you won't be using that stand, then the included mounting bracket is of no use to you.  You may as well just get the soundbar as a standalone item in that case.  This particular soundbar is NOT designed to attach to the actual display panel enclosure itself.  Older Dell soundbars did work that way, incorporating clips that slid into holes built into the lower edge of the rear of the display panel, but that's not how these new ones work.  Take a look at the photos on the product page I linked.

No Events found!