Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

March 28th, 2024 14:31

U2723QE, matching colors with MacBook Pro 2021 M1 Max

I have bought Dell U2723QE, and I have MacBook Pro 2021 M1 Max; macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 I cant seem to calibrate the colors so they look similar. The white color on Dell is more neutral and blue/green, while MacBook is more reddish. I would like that Dell is more like Macbook. I already played with color profiles and color temperatures and RGB, but I cant get the hang of it. I also get notification "unable to synchronize the corresponding icc profile". I understand that the colors won't be the same, but the white balace is so off and photos look very different.

I am not sure what to do.

1 Rookie

• 

719 Posts

April 2nd, 2024 10:37

-Get a colorimeter, a variant of i1d3 model (Xrite/Calibrite, measure with WLED PFS correction)

-If not possible use some "visual white point assistant" (DisplayCAL for example) so you'll get a hint about how much you need to modify RGB gains in "Custom Color" OSD preset.
Those visual assistants plot a CIE a*b* or simular near D65 and you use your mouse to sligthy modify white to a "white color tint", visually. It should plot on UI suggested RGB gains from 255/255/255 default that you'll need to rescale to your vendor OSD UI, which in dell (AFAIL) is 0-100 range instead of 0-255.

IF grey is properly calibrated in your "Custom Color" mode and you match visually Brightness setting to your mac, as long as you stay in a "native gamut" preset in your Dell, like Custom color, they should look close.
If Custom Color OSD preset has color tints in greyscale you'll need a colorimeter, there is no esy way to correct that visually with OS apps.

(edited)

No Events found!