Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SS

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 10th, 2024 13:17

G2724D, is the top of the base of the stand removable?

I am seriously considering purchasing a pair of G2724D's. I think I have answers for all of the technical questions I considered when comparing monitor makes and models. However, I have a question about the stand - specifically its base. Does anyone know if the plastic piece that's on top of the base is removable? It was obviously added for style. But I don't care about how the base looks – I can't stand that it's not flat.

Like any normal person, I have a lot of office and computer supplies on my desk, including pens, sticky note pads, flash drives, a stapler, etc. I want to be able to place items on top of the monitor base without the items tilting, sliding, or rolling off. I don't want to lose that entire space under both monitors.

So, I was wondering whether that plastic top piece might be separate from the actual base? Perhaps it snaps or screws on, and I could remove it?  Or, is it glued on or whatever, making the base one piece?  I understand that I could buy two VESA monitor mounts and use them (possibly with spacers) instead using the Dell stands that come with the monitor. But that's an extra cost, of course, so I was hoping that would not be needed. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 10th, 2024 14:36

I am unclear as to what you mean by plastic top piece? I am including pictures from the online G2724D User's Guide. Based on those can you specifiy?

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 10th, 2024 21:43

@DELL-Chris M​ The stand base. I thought "plastic piece that's on top of the base" was fairly clear. But here's a picture.  Zoom your browser window (Ctrl + mouse wheel) if you can't see the text or the little blue arrow tips.

(edited)

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 11th, 2024 10:28

I see, no. There is no documentation that mentions disassembling the stand base.

No Events found!