Start a Conversation

Unsolved

6 Posts

February 25th, 2024 23:25

Spontaneous appearance of right and bottom margin on screen

A few days ago, I got a green line on the right and a multicolored set of three lines at the bottom of my screen, along with a small multicolored sunburst in the bottom right hand corner. I have zero sense of what/why this is occurring. There is no damage to the screen. Any input would be much appreciated!

10 Elder

• 

23.3K Posts

February 26th, 2024 13:42

It looks like impact damage at that corner of the screen -- there's no way to repair short of replacing the monitor.

'

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

February 27th, 2024 19:47

Exactly which PC model is this? Is it an All-In-One?

6 Posts

February 28th, 2024 14:54

@ejn63​ Thx, I was wondering that, but there's no feel of anything broken on the actual screen. Just the impact of something w/o breaking the screen covering would be enough?

6 Posts

February 28th, 2024 15:09

@RoHe​ It's an Inspiron tower with a 27" screen. I purchased them in 2019.

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

February 28th, 2024 19:02

Certainly possible it got smacked by accident, but have you opened the monitor's own onscreen display (OSD) to see if it's in calibration mode rather than normal viewing mode?

I'm asking because there seem to be some calibration options in lower right corner just below the star pattern.  And the lines along the edges look something like the lines I see on my Asus monitor if I select calibration mode, for example, to re-center the image on the LCD.

If nothing else, I'd look for an OSD option to reset everything to factory defaults and see if that helps...

6 Posts

March 3rd, 2024 13:26

@RoHe​ Thanks! I've not done that. How might I know if it's in calibration mode? 

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

March 3rd, 2024 21:44

Open the monitor's OSD and see if any calibration settings are available and possibly turned on.  Or just try resetting monitor to factory defaults and see if that clears things.

No guarantees...  In the end, @ejn63 may still be correct that the monitor got smacked or maybe just failed internally...

No Events found!