Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

February 20th, 2024 22:08

QCAMain10x64.sys BSOD prevents Windows from loading at all

I have an Inspiron 5676.  Recently, I had an irrecoverable System Info BSOD error happen.  So, I got my data, then just upgrade to Win11.  That worked for about 4 weeks, and then I got another BSOD.  This was an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error from QCAMain10x64.sys.  Now, I can't even get into Windows- not safe mode, not safe mode with networking, nothing.  I've tried restoring using Dell's recovery tools- nope.  I've even tried reformatting the drive and installing a fresh copy of Win11 from Microsoft.  Still the same issue.

I know the QCAMain has something to do with the network card.  However, after installing Ubuntu Linux, my computer connects to the internet just fine and runs properly.  There are no problems in any of the HW Diagnostics I can run in Linux.  So there's gotta be something wrong on the Windows side of things.  I already tried posting on Microsoft's community support.  Anybody here have any ideas?

System Info:
Dell Inspiron 5676 Desktop

AMD R7 Processor

16 GB RAM

Here's a link to my discussion on Microsoft forums:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/qcamani10x64sys-error-is-preventing-me-from-even/5241f39d-958f-4e3a-a77e-d51157c57a6b?

1 Rookie

• 

8 Posts

March 10th, 2024 03:47

Oh yeah, figured that as soon as I got back into Windows setup and couldn't connect to Ethernet.  ;)

No Events found!