Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

March 30th, 2024 16:53

Intel update for graphics newer than Dells

Hi guys

Intel is telling me they have a new update for my graphics card but to check Dell first before installing.  Now the software for Dell is older than Intel's can I install it?

Installing this graphics driver from Intel will remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM)

If a newer graphics driver is available from Dell, we recommend that you install that driver instead. To learn more about installing an Intel driver on your OEM system, refer to this article.

Intel -

Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5333 (WHQL Certified) for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, and Intel® Core™ Ultra Processors with Intel® Arc™ Graphics.
Version:
Release date:
February 26, 2024
Size:
681.18 MB
Dell - Intel UHD/Iris Xe Graphics Driver

Version

31.0.101.4575, A09

Release date

04 Oct 2023
Thanks in advance
Kriss :)

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

March 30th, 2024 18:55

Common sense advise, go with what best for you.  Meaning, if system is performing well with Dell driver, just leave it be.  If system is experiencing issue with video display, update with driver from Intel.

Sometimes, the MS operating system is a factor, let Device Manager updates your drivers.  It will tell you if your device is already having the latest update for a specific driver update.  Otherwise, a forced update could be changed again by Windows updates.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

April 8th, 2024 11:20

I always tend to use Intel's latest but Windows Update has a horrible habit of downgrading you back.

No Events found!