Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Rookie

• 

90 Posts

April 24th, 2024 17:00

Inspiron 24 5475 (touch not working, bluetooth not working, webcam not working)

Inspiron 24 5475

Inspiron 24 5475

hi guys i have the above mentioned all in one pc i had to do a reinstall as my drive failed.

but now i cant get the touch screen to work or my bluetooth or the webcam ??

i also noticed my CMOS battery was dead so i replaced it but the issue persists any ideas why ???

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 24th, 2024 19:17

Windows 10?

Did you install all the drivers?  Open Device Manager and see what's marked with an error.  If you see any "Unknown" entries in Device Manager, right-click and Uninstall all of them. Then click Action>Scan for hardware changes and see if that helps.

Win 10 drivers:

1. AMD Chipset - Typically should be installed first. Other drivers may not install or may not work unless the chipset driver is running.
  2. Qualcomm QCA61x4A and QCA9377 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver
  3. Realtek IR Camera driver
  4. AMD Radeon RX 560, 580, and R7 graphics driver

BTW: Was Dell Touch Screen Firmware update utility ever run on this PC? It's a one-time-only, so it shouldn't need to be run again if previously installed...

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

90 Posts

April 27th, 2024 14:15

@RoHe​ 

hi thanks for the reply.

and yeah I’ve installed all the drivers for it but nothing.

webcam isn’t seen in device manager Bluetooth isn’t there either. And the touch appears dead.

ive not run a firmware tool for the touch should I find it and run it ?? 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 28th, 2024 19:25

Sure you didn't accidentally disconnect a connector(s) on motherboard while replacing the battery?

If a touch firmware update was available for your PC, it would be listed on it's support page, besides, touch is a Windows function. Read this for touch screen troubleshooting

Any "Unknown" devices listed in Device Manager?  Is the WiFi card seen in Device Manager?  WiFi and BT are on the same Qualcomm card.

Try this:

1. Disconnect power cord from rear of PC.
  2. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec.
  3. Reconnect power cord to rear of PC
  4. Boot up and test BT

When you replaced the motherboard battery, did you press/hold PC's power button for ~30 sec after removing the battery, before installing the new one? That would assure BIOS was fully reset to its defaults and remove any corrupted settings.  So possibly one of those defaults isn't correct for your hardware.

Dell typically ships PCs with SATA Mode (SATA Operation) set to RAID in BIOS, even though the default setting is AHCI.  So look in BIOS setup to see how it's set, but don't change this setting...

1 Rookie

• 

90 Posts

May 1st, 2024 14:37

@RoHe​ 

hi thanks for the reply I disconnected the camera cable again and reconnected it and now that’s working.

as for device manager there is nothing in there as an unknown device.

but Bluetooth is still missing I didn’t do the 30 second thing on the power button.

but I’ll try that next.

as for touch it’s still not existent.

so will double check it’s cable is connected as I would assume if it has a cables called touch that would be the one ??

thanks

jason

1 Rookie

• 

90 Posts

May 1st, 2024 15:16

@RoHe​ Holding the power down for 30 seconds did nothing.

and after doing that the webcam no longer works again.

could I have a bad system board ??

bluetooth is still missing.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 1st, 2024 18:30

Sure the new motherboard battery is fresh, installed correctly in its socket, with positive-side facing up? Was PC unplugged while you pressed the power button and then camera stopped working? 

Did BT start working after holding the button?

Did you run the touch screen update?

Touch is a Human Interface Device, so open Device Manager and expand the HID list. If touch is listed, double-click it, and assuming there's a Power Management tab, make sure the box "Allow PC to turn off.." is not checked.  Reboot and see if that helps. 

Otherwise,

1. Go to Dell.com/support
  2. Enter Service Tag and click Search.
  3. Click Diagnostics tab.
  4. Under Custom Component Test, click Select individual components.
  5. Under Monitor & screen, select Touch screen.
  6. Click Run Your Test and follow the on-screen instructions.
  7. Does it pass the diagnostic tests, but the touch screen still does not respond?

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

90 Posts

May 7th, 2024 20:13

@RoHe​ 

hi thanks again for the reply.

BT didn't start to work still its as if it don't exist.

webcam become disconnected from the PC after I rebooted it.

and also ive checked the CMOS battery it is a new one and installed correctly.

ive run the touch screen update and it says its not supported ??

I will check with the dell support and diagnostic option and post back my findings.

I'm wondering if somehow the webcam cable has gotten damaged ???

also why would the BT not work ? its part of the wifi card I believe ??

asa for the touch well its connected via a cable to the motherboard. but its as if its not there any longer.

thanks again

jason

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 7th, 2024 23:40

Are you sure the AMD chipset driver is installed?

Did you run the online diagnostics for camera, touch, and BT, as I posted above?

Manually set a System Restore point to be safe. Assuming touch is listed in Device Manager, right-click it and Uninstall. Then click Action>Scan for hardware changes and see if touch reappears and works now...

Look on Bluetooth and other devices screen in Win 10 and confirm that BT is turned on there. Then look on Airplane Mode screen and confirm Airplane Mode is turned off and BT is turned on there too.

It's also possible the BT part of the card failed, even though WiFi is still working. You could try reseating the card in its slot on motherboard.

You might want consider getting a USB>BT dongle which may be less expensive then replacing the entire WiFi+BT card.

1 Rookie

• 

90 Posts

May 8th, 2024 21:43

@RoHe​ 

hi thanks again I’ve run the diagnostics Bluetooth isn’t an option there and neither is the webcam.

also touch isn’t detected in any form either.

could it be a hardware issue ??

thanks

jason

p.s I will try removing the wireless card and placing it back in the motherboard.

No Events found!