Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MW

24 Posts

March 6th, 2024 18:47

How to Make My Mouse Wake My Inspiron 3891 Up From Sleep Mode Like It Used To

I recently purchased a Logitech Gaming Mouse for my Inspiron 3891 PC. WHen I first started using it, the mouse performed in a way all previous mice performed - my PC would go into sleep mode, then when I want to use the PC again, I just click on the primary mouse button, and after a second or two, the PC would wake up from sleep mode, and I can begin to use the PC. This worked fine with the new logitech mouse when I first started using it. I have had the mouse for about 2 weeks now.

Then I performed a Dell Support Assist function, where the app scans my PC for new upgrades, puts the PC through a tests and deletes junk files, etc. Since then, my mouse will NOT wake the PC up from sleep mode, and now I have to quickly press the PC's power button to wake it up.

This seems like a power-saving or device management setting has somehow been changed. How can I find this setting, and return it back to where my mouse - and not the PC power button - wakes the PC up from sleep mode again? Thanks ahead for any responses....

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

March 6th, 2024 20:37

Version of Windows?

Wired, wireless or Bluetooth mouse?

Try these in order, and test before moving to next one:

1. Are you sure the Logitech mouse driver, if any, is still installed?

2. Reboot and tap F2 when you see the Dell splash screen. When BIOS setup opens, make sure USB Wake Support is enabled. See table 7, here.  If already enabled, just exit setup without saving any changes. If you changed that setting, save the change when exiting setup. (Do not make any other changes in BIOS setup.) PC will automatically boot to the desktop. See if mouse will wake PC now. 

3. If that doesn't help (or already enabled in BIOS), open Device Manager and expand list under USB. Open each USB entry and if it has a Power Management tab, make sure "Allow PC to turn off..." is not checked and "Allow to wake" is checked.  Then do the same for all entries listed under Human Interface Devices in Device Manager, and then reboot.

If none of that solves the problem, there are some other Power plan settings that may need adjusting. So let us know, either way...

(edited)

No Events found!