Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 1st, 2024 19:40

Dell Inspiron Keeps Freezing in the Edge Browser And Opens up New Tabs When Back Tab Button is Clicked

I'm having a problem with my Dell Inspiron 3910 desktop freezing on me when I'm using any internet browser. It usually happens within a few minutes of me navigating the internet. What is also strange is that once the problem occurs, when I click the back button of the browser, it doesn't go back to the previous web page, it opens up a new tab with every click and then every other function is frozen. I prefer Edge, but I tested the problem with Google Chrome, and it happens with that browser too. After the computer freezes, no other commands or apps can be accessed/performed unless I either do a hard restart or sign out of my account, and sign back in. The Start button will not even respond. The mouse works with the cursor, but nothing I click on does. The keyboard works and I'm doing Ctrl+Alt+Delete just so I can log off rather than do the hard restart. Once I do that, the computer is fine, and I log back on with no problem until the issue starts again. I recently reinstalled my Windows 11 Home version that came with the PC with the option to keep my personal files hoping to solve the problem, but it still exists. I have no extra apps or anything installed. I'm trying to avoid resetting it to factory settings. Can anyone please help with this issue?

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700   2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

No Responses!
No Events found!