Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 3rd, 2024 08:51

What is the right OMIWAC Premium License?

Hi, 

There are two types of licenses for WAC integration- for PowerEdge and HCI solutions. Which license to use when standard PowerEdge servers are used in HCI cluster mode (WS2022 DC with Storage Spaces). The documentation states that the license type depends on the hardware, so logically I would use the PowerEdge standard license. But then will all the functionality for HCI be available? I am not sure.

Thank you for your help 

• 

2.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2024 14:19

Hello, 

My inference from what I read here Dell EMC OpenManage Integration with Microsoft Windows Admin Center v2.0 Technical Walkthrough | Dell Technologies Info Hub  is as follows. But I recommend you call the local Dell support team in your region and consult the software department.

1. OMIWAC Premium License for PowerEdge:

• For YX4X models of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers and newer.
    • Includes base features and premium management features.
    • It’s a perpetual iDRAC-based license.
  2. OMIWAC Premium License for MSFT HCI Solutions (also known as “OMIWAC Premium License for Azure Stack HCI”):

• For Dell Integrated System for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI (AX nodes)Storage Spaces Direct Ready Nodes, and Failover clusters based on PowerEdge servers.
    • Includes base features and premium management features.
    • Also a perpetual iDRAC-based license.

In your case, if you’re using standard PowerEdge servers in HCI cluster mode with Windows Server 2022 Datacenter and Storage Spaces, go for the OMIWAC Premium License for MSFT HCI Solutions. It gives you all the necessary tools to manage your HCI environment effectively.

No Events found!