Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

March 6th, 2024 15:35

Static Group Disappeared - CGRP9010 - Unable to create or modify group because the provided name already exists.

I had created a static group, months ago with the group name, "Mylastname" Patching".  And it was operational with me deploying updates to devices.

Recently I discovered the name I created, along with all with it's subgroups and devices are not being displayed in the Static Group list/view.  Different browsers, clearing caches, did not resolve issues.  Thinking it was deleted and starting from scratch, I attempted to recreate my group.  I received error, "CGRP9010 - Unable to create or modify group because the provided name already exists." 

Logically it thinks it is still there, but not being displayed in the Static Group view.

Help needed!

Thanks.

• 

8.5K Posts

March 6th, 2024 20:14

Mbarto58,

This could be difficult to determine the issue. You could try using a different account, and checking the API to see if it is showing there. Now if it can't be seen by any account then you may need to use the API to delete it, and then recreate it.

Let me know what you see and if this helps 

2 Posts

March 7th, 2024 14:41

@DELL-Chris H​ I had co-workers (with individual accounts) log in, and they are also unable to view my previous created static group.

• 

8.5K Posts

March 7th, 2024 14:45

Then you will likely need to delete it with the API and then recreate it. Also, this may be easier if you were to call in to the OpenManage group, as they would be able to directly work with you on the issue. 

No Events found!