T

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

December 11th, 2023 08:37

OpenManage Enterprise 4.0 - not enough resources

Hi,

I deployed a fresh OME Appliance. And on first login it says:

"The appliance does not have enough resources allocated to install the default plugins. To install the default plugins at a later time, increase the appliance resources and go to the console and plugins portal. See the user guide for resource requirements."

As described in the guide it has more than enough ressources. It has 64 GB RAM and 8 cores. I also tried it with more RAM.

What can I do?

• 

3.2K Posts

December 11th, 2023 14:27

Hi,

According to the OpenManage Enterprise 4.0 Support Matrix1, the recommended hardware configuration for a large deployment (between 1,000 and 8,000 managed devices) is 64 GB RAM and 8 cores. However, this configuration also depends on the number and type of plug-ins that you have installed or enabled on your appliance. Some plug-ins, such as Services (Default plug-in) and Power Manager, require additional RAM and cores to function properly. You can check the minimum requirements for each plug-in in the same document1.

If you have installed or enabled more plug-ins than the recommended configuration can support, you may encounter the error message that you mentioned. To resolve this issue, you can either disable or uninstall some of the plug-ins that you do not need, or increase the appliance resources to meet the minimum requirements for all the plug-ins that you want to use. You can also refer to the Dell OpenManage Enterprise Services Version 4.0 User's Guide2 for more information on how to manage plug-ins and troubleshoot common issues.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. 😊

Further Links : 1. OpenManage Enterprise 4.0 Support Matrix 2 .Dell OpenManage Enterprise Services Version 4.0 User's Guide 3. Upgrading To OpenManage Enterprise 4.0 4. OpenManage Enterprise Integration for VMware Virtual Center Overview

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

December 12th, 2023 06:53

It's my first login. I get the message in the onboarding process. No Plugins are installed.

I can't do anything.

• 

3.2K Posts

December 12th, 2023 07:31

Hi,

please provide more information about the used system hardware and software.

i found under https://dell.to/4adKSr9

this: 

• OpenManage Enterprise appliance is configured with two VDs, each with an initial storage space of 415 GB. The primary VD is leveraged for the core application and database while the secondary VD is required for additional features and supporting plugins. However, even without the secondary VDs selected during deployment, the appliance can still boot up for TUI configuration using only the primary VHDX.
  • Ensure that your hypervisor storage has enough free space to support the recommended virtual disk size of the appliance, and enough overhead to support snapshots and future expansion of the virtual disk.
  • Ensure that the primary disk and the secondary disk are identical in size always.

According to the user guide. However, to install all of the default plugins, you will need at least 64GB of RAM. The recommended minimum number of CPU cores is 2, but to install all of the default plugins, you will need at least 8 cores. 

• Ensure that the allocated resources are recognized and available to the OME Appliance. Verify the configuration in your virtualization platform (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V) to confirm that the appliance has access to the specified resources.
  • Adjust Resource Allocation: If possible, try increasing the resources allocated to the OME Appliance. This could involve adding more RAM or increasing the number of cores. Ensure that the changes are applied and recognized by the virtualization platform.
  • Check for Resource Contention:Verify that there are no resource contention issues on the host where the OME Appliance is running. Check if other virtual machines are consuming excessive resources.

If you are confident that you have allocated enough RAM and CPU resources to the appliance, then you can try to manually install the default plugins. To do this, you will need to log in to the OpenManage Enterprise appliance and go to the "Console and Plugins" portal. From there, you can select the "Install Plugins" tab and then choose the "Default Plugins" option. Once the plugins have been installed, you should be able to use OpenManage Enterprise without any problems.

Make sure that your OME Appliance can connect to the VMware vCenter Server, if you are using the OpenManage Enterprise Integration for VMware vCenter (OMEVV) plug-in

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

December 12th, 2023 08:46

@Dell-Martin S​ 

The appliance ist deployed on vmware esxi with the following hardware (default):

• 

3.2K Posts

December 12th, 2023 08:51

Hi,

it would be best to contact our software support team via hotline, they could do a full diagnostic and assist you with this problem.

1 Rookie

• 

7 Posts

December 12th, 2023 08:54

I solved the Problem.

You have to use the fqdn. If you use the IP-adress than you can't finish the onbording and you get the message that you have not enough ressources.

(edited)

• 

3.2K Posts

December 12th, 2023 08:57

thank you for your reply

1 Rookie

• 

22 Posts

January 3rd, 2024 09:08

I had the same issue on a kvm based install. Fixed it by installing both qcow2 as SATA disks and reinstalling the whole thing.

No Events found!