Start a Conversation

Unsolved

KR

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

December 7th, 2023 15:05

Issue with discovery scan in OME v4.0

I think this is more of a visual issue, alerts are still working as expected.

If I do a discovery scan for servers that has multiple IP addresses, OME will add them as Monitored. But if I do a discovery scan with only a single IP address, OME adds the server as Managed with Alerts. 

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

December 8th, 2023 08:23

Hi,

Thanks for choosing Dell.

We would require few more details about the observation.
Does the account used in Range discovery task have admin privilege on iDRAC ?

• If administrator-level credentials are provided during discovery, the servers are onboarded (the device status is displayed as "managed" in the All Devices view)
  • If lower privileged credentials are provided during discovery, the servers are not onboarded (the status is displayed as "monitored" in the All Devices view).
  • If the console is also set as a trap receiver on the servers, then their Onboarding status is indicated as "managed with alerts" on All Devices. For this at least 1 Alert Destination field under SNMP trap Configuration should be empty on iDRAC.

Thanks,

Soumyajeet
#IWork4Dell

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

December 11th, 2023 15:01

Hi Soumyajeet,

We are using an account with admin level permissions for iDRAC detection. The onboarding process does work, and the alerts are coming through as if the system were "Managed with Alerts" so I think it's just a mislabeling issue in OME. 

No Events found!