Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

March 12th, 2023 09:00

Firmware/Driver tab missing for Dell XC740xd

Hello,  A little help on this would be appreciated.

Running latest OME.

Have a Dell XC740xd server that adds to inventory fine, but I cannot get the Firmware/drivers tab to appear. If I add the server under HCI group to my firmware baseline and run the baseline, the server does not appear there. I have manually updated the firmware of the server, including the idrac. Have removed/added with no luck. I have other Regular R740 series servers that work fine. Has anyone run into this? Is there something different about the XC series servers that OME does not provide the same firmware update functions for? 

• 

3.1K Posts

March 13th, 2023 03:00

Hi @GeminiTechs,

Apologies for multiple replies. I've checked. OME is not capable for firmware upgrades on HCI devices, it is not supported. 

https://dell.to/3J4rC2A

• 

3.1K Posts

March 12th, 2023 20:00

Hi @GeminiTechs,

There might an issue with the OME catalog. I might need to reach out to engineering to check on this. I don't think it's an issue at your end. 

• 

3.1K Posts

March 12th, 2023 20:00

Hi @GeminiTechs,

May need some information from your end, the engineers might need it.

The version of your OME and how is the XC740xd discovered?

March 13th, 2023 03:00

Hey Joey,  thanks for the replies and trying to help. I did run across the same document and was disappointed to find that firmware updates are not supported on the HCI platform. An explanation from Dell support as to why would be nice, but it is what it is.  Thanks again

No Events found!