K

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 8th, 2024 15:09

Alienware AW920H Headphones - Leather coming away

Alienware m18 R1

Alienware m18 R1

I purchased some AW920H headphones with the above laptop about 11 months ago and the leather on the underside of the headphones has started peeling loose. The headphones still work OK, but I just want to try and stop this from getting worse, it is slowly peeling further and further. I use them most days, but they haven't had any ware and tear apart from that, they never leave the house and are either on my head or on a stand on my desk.

Is this covered under warranty, or if not is it possible to remove the top of the head band to try and stick the edge of the leather back down and re-capture it underneath the top section. I don't want to prize it any harder for fear of breaking it, but I have tried and it doesn't seem to want to move. You can see on the photo the existing glue that has failed and is peeling away.

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions

1 Rookie

• 

385 Posts

May 9th, 2024 21:06

This is normal for all headphones with the same synthetic leather material. Its not something you can stop when its happening. Just deal with it and buy new ones when the times comes to upgrade. Then choose fabric etc.   

No Events found!