Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Intern

• 

264 Posts

May 9th, 2024 00:27

Aurora R13, AWCC 5.x redux

So I'm always looking out for what might or might not cause AWCC 5.x to suddenly stop working and display the white alien head before crashing without any error messages on my Aurora R13. Today, I think I found another clue. Normally, when the CPU color scheme is at default, it is a solid blue color. It displays the rainbow spectrum effect when the CPU is first initialized, or sometimes wakes from sleep. I noticed that my CPU was seemingly stuck in the rainbow initializing state and never seemed to complete initialization, but just kept displaying the rainbow effect. So just for a test, I started AWCC. Sure enough, it would not start and displayed the white alien logo and crashed to desktop. Reboots did not fix either issue. The CPU colors seemed stuck in the rainbow and AWCC still would not start. So I shut down and pulled the CPU power cord. I let the system sit for a couple of hours then plugged it back in and started it up. This time, the system appeared to complete the initialization cycle, going from rainbow to default solid blue. I tried AWCC and it started and ran normally. So the mysterious AWCC issues and the CPU not fully initializing, at least from a hardware standpoint appear to be somehow related. 

@DELL-Chris M is there any way to pass this info on to the engineering team? Might be a clue in tracking this issue down

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 9th, 2024 12:37

Thanks. I have notified them of your Post and troubleshooting.

No Events found!