Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

5 Posts

April 7th, 2023 11:00

AW3423DWF - Urgent Help Needed: Ctrl+Y Shortcut Interference Persists Even After

Hello,

I am urgently seeking assistance for a highly frustrating issue with the Alienware AW3423DWF monitor running Firmware M3B102, which seems to persist even without Dell Display Manager (DDM) 2.1.0.45 installed.

Before I downloaded DDM, I was experiencing an annoying problem where the Ctrl + Y shortcut key, which is universally known as the redo function in many applications, would activate the AlienVision crosshairs at the center of the screen, making work unbearable. I downloaded DDM hoping to find a solution to this problem, but to no avail. This issue continues to persist even after installing DDM, with no apparent option within the software to disable or modify these keyboard shortcuts.

Can someone please provide guidance on how to either deactivate or change these intrusive keyboard shortcuts without having to entirely turn off the Dell Display Manager? This problem has become extremely aggravating, and I'm in dire need of a solution.

I sincerely appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you.

5 Posts

April 7th, 2023 15:00

Dear Tesla1856 and Vanadiel,

Thank you both for your prompt and helpful responses to my issue with the Alienware AW3423DWF monitor. Following your advice, I went to AWCC -> FX -> Settings -> Select monitor -> Switch Shortcut and changed the shortcut key combination for AlienVision. This resolved the problem with the Ctrl + Y shortcut activating the AlienVision crosshairs, without having to uninstall any software.

I appreciate your expertise and guidance in resolving this frustrating issue. I wasn't aware of AWCC or its features before your replies, and I'm grateful for the knowledge you've shared.

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@tg7 wrote:

issue with the Alienware AW3423DWF monitor running Firmware M3B102, which seems to persist even without Dell Display Manager (DDM) 2.1.0.45 installed.

If it is truly completely uninstalled (all Associated Processes and Services) not sure why you link the problem to the monitor or DDM.

For now, I would suggest you keep DDM completely uninstalled (one less variable to interfere with troubleshooting).

What make/model Alienware computer do you have and what version of Windows are you running?

Is "Alien-Vision" some new component of recent versions of AW-CC? What is it suppose to do anyway?

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

Uninstall Alienware Command Center. Uninstall AWCC 

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

Alien vision is a monitor settings that enables the a rectangle in the center of the screen to help you better see enemies when playing FPS games.

There's some new shortcut feature with AWCC that apparently enables that mode using that key combination.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

April 7th, 2023 19:00

Yes but apparently that setting is not saved and it reverts back to the original setting after a system reboot...

No Events found!