Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

March 28th, 2024 15:52

AW3225QF, question about Soundbar connection

Hello there! I'm thinking of picking up this monitor and pair it with a soundbar which is connected via HDMI, but my gpu only has DP ports - my question is, if I connect the monitor via DP, can I still connect the soundbar from the monitor's HDMI without any issues (like sound delays etc.)?

Thx in advance for advice

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 28th, 2024 18:07

The AW3225QF sales site never mentions a Soundbar. Neither the AW3225QF panel nor its stand are equipped to hold a Soundbar. So the Soundbar would just lay on the desk. Which is why the #7 HDMI 1 eARC/ARC port description stated, "or an external audio system" which are stand alone audio devcies.

I do not know about audio delays, but the connection is correct.

PC DP out --> AW3225QF DP 1.4 to DP 1.4 cable --> AW3225QF #9 DP 1.4 in port

External audio system HDMI --> AW3225QF HDMI 2.1 to HDMI 2.1 FRL cable --> AW3225QF #7 HDMI 1 eARC/ARC port

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

March 29th, 2024 20:05

@Lightkeeper255​ If you go on Amazon you can buy a mini DP to HDMI adaptor. Then you can use a standard HDMI cable to connect your soundbar and set your audio out to the correct mini DP port under Windows.

Like this for example: Adaptor

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

March 29th, 2024 07:20

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply! Indeed I meant separate soundbar, I just wasn't sure about transferring the audio when going DisplayPort (PC -> monitor) and HDMI (monitor -> soundbar).

Also, how about the eARC feature? Would it also work if I use DisplayPort for connecting the monitor from my gpu (and the soundbar with HDMI)?

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

March 29th, 2024 14:19

Just to make it easy: connect the sound bar using the HDMI output from the video card, and set the HDMI as audio device under Windows.

This way you don't need to worry about eARC or anything else.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

March 29th, 2024 18:22

@Vanadiel​ Unfortunately, my GPU does not have any HDMI ports, it only has 4x mini DP 1.4 :( This is why I'm a little worried about the audio connection.

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

March 29th, 2024 20:11

My current setup:

GPU DP >> Monitor DP >> Monitor HDMI Port 1 (eARC/ARC) >> Soundbar HDMI out (ARC)

It outputs Dolby Atmos to my soundbar (JBL BAR 700).

I originally didn't think DP could carry digital audio until I was having issues with HDMI & tried it. It outputs audio just fine...with my soundbar at least.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

March 29th, 2024 20:14

Yes, DP carries digital audio the same way HDMI does.

More here.

That is why you can convert to HDMI if you do not have a HDMI out connector.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

March 30th, 2024 12:03

Amazing, thanks all for replies!

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 15th, 2024 05:23

@chrisz5z​ im having issue with my sonos no sound when pc sleeps. Pc > Dp > Monitor and Monit > Hdmi > Sonos

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

April 15th, 2024 13:02

@KOOYAMAC​ When it's in sleep mode it will not be doing anything, including playing music...

No Events found!